Client crashes to desktop

freedaemons
Défricheur
Realm: Fauconnia

Client crashes to desktop

Postby freedaemons » Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:52

I'm facing an issue where on certain internet network connections, the client crashes to desktop immediately after selecting a character to login. Sometimes instead of crashing immediately, it does so after a few minutes. I've not been able to find any differences between the network connections that display this behavior and those that don't, is there any insight available as to what causes this?

Yathrul
Défricheur
Realm: -

Re: Client crashes to desktop

Postby Yathrul » Thu 06 Oct 2016, 20:00

I have the same problem. The communication says that there is a new version, so that the game will be reopened to update it. Then, it quits out, but doesn't open again.

And if I do so manually, the problem keeps.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Thu 06 Oct 2016, 21:02

This happens sometimes... A possible solution IS clear the cache by going to the top right menu > History > Clear Recent History > Check cache is clicked > Clear history...

If the problem has to do with if your computer trusts the internet connection, if it allows you to categorize your wifi connection please do so. When I am at school my AVG will not trust my connection unless I make it and this results in me never being able to log in.. Then I changed it to a public security and it worked fine..
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

freedaemons
Défricheur

Postby freedaemons » Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:00

Laerities/Volund wrote:This happens sometimes... A possible solution IS clear the cache by going to the top right menu > History > Clear Recent History > Check cache is clicked > Clear history...

If the problem has to do with if your computer trusts the internet connection, if it allows you to categorize your wifi connection please do so. When I am at school my AVG will not trust my connection unless I make it and this results in me never being able to log in.. Then I changed it to a public security and it worked fine..

Sorry, I'm not sure what menu you're referring to. To be clear, I'm referring to the windows client, not the in-browser Silverlight client. My internet connection functions otherwise normally, so I don't think it's an issue of some other security software blocking the connection.

Naelline
Coordinateur

Postby Naelline » Sun 09 Oct 2016, 11:10

Hi,

When you choose a character, you attempt to connect to a server. If you crash at that moment, it's probably a problem with ports. Therian Saga's servers use ports 80, 943 and 4510. Verify they are are open. Firewall, antivirus, modem,... can block them.

Note : they are generally blocked on public wifi, school/work/hotel network.

PlatinumLion
Citoyen
Realm: Kragkul

Postby PlatinumLion » Fri 22 Dec 2017, 01:31

I am having the same problem since 2 days before the current last update... did anyone find a solution for this "sudden crash" or "sudden automatic game closing" problem?... i readed all the "helping tries" but i think those people dont actually understand how or dont have any idea what the problem is, because they giving other info that has nothing to do with this "sudden crash" problem... i already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the client 3 times, same with microsoft silverlight, cleared all browsers cache, and all that crap and still having the same problem... please i beg someone at least find out what causes this problem, because the main page info about not being able to update the game is not actually the issue neither helping with the sudden crash to desktop problem.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Mon 25 Dec 2017, 19:13

Hi !

Is it ok now ? If not, please send us a mail : support@virtys.com
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Return to “Support and bugs reports”