Potion not wearing off

Bleddyn
Défricheur
Realm: Fauconnia

Potion not wearing off

Postby Bleddyn » Tue 07 Feb 2017, 21:32

I crafted and used a mobility ampule to help raise my mountain stat for a little while earlier - Tricinia/Grondanite/Sandrietta Petal in Casadir, if I remember correctly. When I used it, it said it should last about half an hour... except that was around six hours ago and it's now still showing 00:22:13 and not counting down.

While I don't mind being an entire 1.5 better at mountaineering, I'm pretty sure this is a bug and would be happier if it carried on acting normally. Anyone else had this? Is it just running down slower than it shows?

EDIT: It returned to 0 in the last few minutes, while my guy was resting in Maliken Harbor. I'm going to need to craft another soon though, so I'll have to see if this one lasts too.

Stormi
Emperator

Re: Potion not wearing off

Postby Stormi » Tue 07 Feb 2017, 21:56

Also, note. If you are not doing a task, the potion won't count down. It's not a timed thing. It is timed based on the tasks you complete. Sleeping doesn't "spool" down the potion. So you can take a potion, set sleep, then a task after sleep too.

Bleddyn
Défricheur

Postby Bleddyn » Tue 07 Feb 2017, 22:15

I obviously haven't been paying attention - I did not know that! Thank you for the head's up.

In this case, however, I had set a series of crafts to use the time, thinking I'd start seeing tasks get failed when it ran out... except the doorbell rang and I didn't get back for around two hours. So, my guy was active during the potion duration.

Stormi
Emperator

Postby Stormi » Wed 08 Feb 2017, 22:13

Ah, another "odd" potion anomaly is if you have stuff Q'd and some sleep in there, then take a pot and cancel. You have a REALLY long timer, but the original timer is still valid so you only get the potions true length of time, even if it says you have more. This is "usually fixed when the potion wears off and you log out, then back in again. Guessing when the potion really wears out can be a pain though. A mistake = failed task or tasks.

Return to “Support and bugs reports”