Cancel single tasks bug

Iberis
Défricheur
Realm: Fauconnia

Cancel single tasks bug

Postby Iberis » Sun 07 May 2017, 22:28

When I first started playing for free, I had the ability to cancel a number of queued up tasks. But now that I spent some money and got the premium task bar with the date, it's no longer possible. It's very annoying.

Example before: in task bar: 10 resting at Inn
If I click the cancel button, it would ask me "How many tasks do you wish to cancel?" I could select from 1-10. So often I would cancel 9, to safe the time already invested, then queue up something else after.

Now, if I have the same setup, if I click the cancel button it will ask me "Do you really want to cancel?" and if I click yes it will cancel the whole stack of 10. So I have to wait until the task finishes to cancel the rest of the stack. Very annoying.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Re: Cancel single tasks bug

Postby Balok » Sun 07 May 2017, 22:52

If you cancel a task all tasks that follow it are cancelled as well. I have never seen that work any other way.

I have seen what you are describing with sleep. For some reason, it is not possible to cancel a number of sleep tasks; you cancel all of them or none of them. However, I have not seen this with other sorts of tasks.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Sniq » Mon 08 May 2017, 04:49

The current behavior of cancelling sleep cycles is like this:

Without sleep readiness (before spending money on a user account): A character can cancel part of sleep cycles.
With sleep readiness: A character can only cancel all or none of the sleep cycles.

For example, suppose a character had just queued 10 sleeping cycles, and the first cycle is 50% completed.

Without sleep readiness: The character can cancel the last sleep cycle without interrupting the remaining sleep cycles. (i.e., 9 sleep cycle remain with the first cycle 50% completed).

With sleep readiness: The character only has the option to cancel the "sleep task" (i.e., to cancel all the cycles).

In both cases, if there are other tasks queued after the sleeping task, all the tasks queued after the sleeping tasks will be cancelled.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I think it is a "developer's choice" instead of bug but I am not sure what's the actual reason they implemented it that way.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Mon 08 May 2017, 15:16

There is probably some implementation reason why it works like that. But they really ought to add "cancel part of a sleep cycle" to their "to do" list. It may be more difficult to implement, but the software design choices should be made with the goal of making the user's life easier, not the developer's life easier. :)
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Gopol
Mystique
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Gopol » Tue 09 May 2017, 08:26

It is slightly annoying but I think there are more priority bugs.

Most annoying for me are the bugs with potion time :
- If you take a potion when you already have non-sleep actions programmed, the shown remaining time will not be correct
- If you have an action that fails (because you made a stupid mistake like removing a tool at the wrong time), remaining potion time will be recredited on the server but not on your local machine (leading to a potion that seems to be stuck)

On the matter of sleep, there is also another issue :
Suppose you go to sleep with still some energy and the energy you have left is a round number 10.0 or 20.0 , 30.0 , etc...
Le'ts say 20.0 energy left and you sleep in a castel with 50 comfort.
Depending on rounding issues 3 differents things can happen in the game :
  • You might be able to take the normal 8 sleeps and get this amount of energy after sleep : to Minimum(20 + 8 * 10 ; 100) + 8 / 10 / 2 * 50 = 100 + 20 = 120
  • But maybe you'll need 9 sleeps to get the bonus (that displayed 20.0 was in fact 19,96 or so rounded only for display). Energy after sleep : Minimum(20 + 9 * 10 ; 100) + 9 / 10 / 2 * 50 = 100 + 22,5 = 122,5 (but having required 9 sleeps in place of the normal 8)
  • Or you might be allowed to take only 8 sleeps (9 not possible) and not get the bonus ( because the rounding is done differently in different parts of the code I guess). Energy after sleep : Min(20+8*10 ; 100) = 100
Of course, that combination of Min(...) + Bonus is also confusing in itself to new players since the formula isn't really explained in the game.

And there is a further display bug with sleep because the end energy you are shown when taking the sleep rounds the bonus on a per action basis rather than on the total bonus (which is what is really done when the sleep action is confirmed).

Return to “Support and bugs reports”