Problems with account login via Facebook

Cadphael
Emperator
Realm: Lanfar

Problems with account login via Facebook

Postby Cadphael » Fri 22 Jan 2016, 08:12

My friend's computer is being repaired right now, so he asked me to keep his characters running. He has one main and one alt on his account which he opened through his Facebook account. For some reason, every time I log on to his account and hit play, I get the create new character window with two silhouettes, for each gender. I even tried updating to Virtys account, but no luck. My friend did click on accept for character transfer, unlike my other friend. I even see some blue crowns left on his account. My friend also was maintaining a different account which doesn't have a Facebook account. I was able to access that account and set the character up for some tasks. Is this due to the facebook login or was there an error made regarding his character migration?

Now, for my other friend who didn't click on the accept transfer because HIS computer was away for repairs too! He didn't appreciate the import of that act as he was used to several online game companies maintaining character data over years on inactive accounts and was flummoxed when he couldn't find his characters. He was pretty upset about it as you can imagine. Now, he's pretty much reconciled to his loss, but he had more than a thousand blue crowns on his account and now it's all gone. What are his options here?

As for myself, everything is in order and I even contributed to the fundraising drive.

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Re: Problems with account login via Facebook

Postby Morlop » Fri 22 Jan 2016, 09:02

Cadphael wrote:My friend's computer is being repaired right now, so he asked me to keep his characters running. He has one main and one alt on his account which he opened through his Facebook account. For some reason, every time I log on to his account and hit play, I get the create new character window with two silhouettes, for each gender.

Are you sure the right server is selceted? I get this screen if I switch to a different server...

[quote="Cadphael"
    Now, for my other friend who didn't click on the accept transfer because HIS computer was away for repairs too! [/quote]
    No idea if there is a way to save his char... contact support@virtys.zendesk.com, they should know more

Ishael
Bourlingueur
Realm: -

Re: Problems with account login via Facebook

Postby Ishael » Fri 22 Jan 2016, 14:11

This is likely because you did not accept the transfer from GameForge to Virtys.

Unfortunately the only way to resolve this (as we did not receive your personal data from GameForge and we have no way to link your Facebook account to the game data), you will need to contact our support (support@virtys.zendesk.com) to see what can be done manually.

Return to “Support and bugs reports”