Game Guide Issues

Pandaluv
Défricheur
Realm: Lanfar

Game Guide Issues

Postby Pandaluv » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 20:50

I wrote this last week but it seems to have disappeared, so writing again. I'm not sure if this is a false positive, but please let me know if it is. Every time I open the game guide (from website or game client) my Antivirus (bitdefender total security) will pop up every few seconds with the following error:

Suspicious connection blocked
Feature: Online Threat Prevention
firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to webfonts.ru. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one

This is something recent as it never used to happen in the past. Also happens with chrome and edge/ie. If this is a false positive, please let me know so I can add it to the exceptions list.
Attachments
ts av alert.jpg
TS GG av alert
ts av alert.jpg (59.86 KiB) Viewed 6959 times

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: Game Guide Issues

Postby Céline » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 21:15

Hi :) I read everything here and never saw your message :o
And nobody deleted topics this last few weeks (I checked "Maintenance" part of the Admin tools)

I really don't now why you have this problem, we don't have "webfonts.ru" linked on the game guide (we had some FanTools, but I think we don't link them know).
Have your cleaned your computer this last days ? With something like Ccleaner, malwarebytes anti-malware, ...
Can you test it on another computer ? (for me it looks like a local problem, not a game guide problem)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Cordelia
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Cordelia » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 22:46

Céline wrote:we don't have "webfonts.ru" linked on the game guide.

Visiting the game guide loads content from guide.theriansaga.net which gets four stylesheets from webfonts.ru.

Pandaluv
Défricheur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Pandaluv » Tue 21 Jan 2020, 00:47

I read everything here and never saw your message
And nobody deleted topics this last few weeks (I checked "Maintenance" part of the Admin tools)

Okay thanks for checking that portion. I know I wrote it, but maybe my internet connection was interrupted before it was submitted - I've noticed in the past that the enet connection will sometimes get dropped to my isp's(a 4 letter world that sounds like the instrument at the top of the Canadian peace tower on parliament hill) modem/router … or maybe it got saved to drafts … who knows - the joys of technology lol.

Thank you both Céline and Cordelia for the information about the webfonts.ru Ah the joys of style sheets.

infael
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby infael » Thu 14 May 2020, 15:00

I've been having difficulty as well. I haven't been able to connect to .ru for a long time now, nor any of the old Therian Saga sites.

I think it has more to do with their lack of security settings.

Virtys should host their own Guide.

Return to “Support and bugs reports”