Steam Crossing

Brandish
Citoyen
Realm: Nostria

Re: Steam Crossing

Postby Brandish » Sun 09 Dec 2018, 17:06

Falkarma wrote:working prototype

You're the man, Falkarma! Greatly appreciated & can't wait to share some alt perks when it's good & ready!

quick note about my comment on closing the Steam launcher to open new games or log in a different Steam account:
it seems to work on Windows 10, but contrariwise on Windows 7, wherein Steam still knows you're running the game.

Euphemia
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Euphemia » Mon 17 Dec 2018, 23:06

On the question of raising the max number of characters on an account:

It seems to me that you should say as much as you can as soon as you can about this because at the moment with a sense that the rules might be changing soon-ish (eg within 3 months) this news or suggestion might make it less likely that people will buy and spend blue crowns. This is because if you have several accounts with 5 characters and you are thinking of an upgrade then it might be that some of these upgrades will be of little use if you are going to move characters into one account in a few months anyway. Similarly spending money on shared concessions: you'd tend to delay spending money on them in case the maximum size of the account changes.

Even if the code isn't ready to go in an upgrade it might be an idea to pin down what's going to happen and when and whether there's going to be any ability to merge accounts in such a way as to move shared concessions to one big account. See what I mean about this? Not knowing what is going to happen but thinking the rules might change soon-ish might make people think twice about buying an account upgade.

Ziracana
Citoyen

Postby Ziracana » Thu 20 Dec 2018, 21:25

Good day,
I have 3 accounts (Families) with each 5 crossover, fully unlocked all function on all Alts.

I understand it right, we are now able to merge 15 Alts into one account?
I would love to do so. Would than all 15 alts able to use facilities with a house key? And will all house keys stay active?
And do I need to use steam for that option of 15 alts?

Right now I am on holiday and unable to log into my characters. I wonder if Virtys is down or if need any update, though I still was able to log on yesterday. Any suggestion?

Thanks ahead for your help.
Zir

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Thu 20 Dec 2018, 21:38

Ziracana wrote:Good day,
I understand it right, we are now able to merge 15 Alts into one account?

No. Not for the moment. The "15 alts", we're still discussing about it.

What you can do now, is to "Cross" your Steam account to a Virtys one. And use a Crossing to transfere a Original-Steam character to a Original-Virtys account).
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Ziracana
Citoyen

Re: Update Dec 20 2018

Postby Ziracana » Fri 21 Dec 2018, 18:32

Thank you for the update on the Steam Crossovers.

However, when I logged on yesterday morning I could sign into my portal and all my 5 alts showed up, however, if I try to click any alt to log in, I get an error message.

First I though it might have been bad weather but today I noticed you had an update yesterday and should have been back online, but I still can't sign in any alts. Do you have a fix for me?

update: the problem could be Norton360 returning a WS.Reputation.1 error and deletes the client as soon I execute the installer. Possible because Norton doesn't know the installer. Is the client save and should I just bypass the error to prevent deletion during .exe operation?

Falkarma
Bâtisseur

Postby Falkarma » Fri 21 Dec 2018, 19:24

Not sure why Norton would not like us anymore. You are playing by Steam or OOB?
Therian Saga

Brandish
Citoyen

Postby Brandish » Sat 22 Dec 2018, 16:04

Céline wrote:What you can do now, is to "Cross" your Steam account to a Virtys one. And use a Crossing to transfere a Original-Steam character to a Original-Virtys account).

This is awesome we are making progress. I am confused however...
Are you saying we can only convert OFF from Steam to merge accounts? This is exactly backwards from what I am needing to do.
The patch notes seems to not understand if account can go back and/or forth to/from Steam to client account. What I am reading is conflicting.
The Steam launcher got a new button to open website, but I'm not seeing any option for Crossing anything.

Additionally, if this is causing any players or alts unable to log in, I would suggest an extension on the holiday events so that some players may not miss out.

EDIT: I just figured out how to add 4 client-alts to my Steam account from the website. Got my shiny avatar ring.

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Sat 22 Dec 2018, 17:39

Brandish wrote:
Céline wrote:What you can do now, is to "Cross" your Steam account to a Virtys one. And use a Crossing to transfere a Original-Steam character to a Original-Virtys account).

This is awesome we are making progress. I am confused however...
Are you saying we can only convert OFF from Steam to merge accounts? This is exactly backwards from what I am needing to do.
The patch notes seems to not understand if account can go back and/or forth to/from Steam to client account. What I am reading is conflicting.
The Steam launcher got a new button to open website, but I'm not seeing any option for Crossing anything.

Additionally, if this is causing any players or alts unable to log in, I would suggest an extension on the holiday events so that some players may not miss out.

EDIT: I just figured out how to add 4 client-alts to my Steam account from the website. Got my shiny avatar ring.

You can now transfer characters from your Virtys account to your Steam account, and from Steam to Virtys.

It should not prevent anyone to log. If you have loggin problem juste write us at support@virtys.com.

The event will end on january 7. I don't think we need extend it.

Brandish
Citoyen

Postby Brandish » Sat 22 Dec 2018, 22:31

Yes, thanks. Seems to be working fine. The holiday extension comment was in regards to others' accounts from what I read elsewhere in forum, but I guess it's all looking good now. Well done.

Big Thank you to the dev team. - As for 15-hero accounts, do we have any time range for ETA?

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Mon 25 Feb 2019, 17:29

Heyo!

I was just wondering if we could get a general idea of if there will be an increase, how high would the increase be if so? When can we expect this roughly? (6 months, one year, over a year?).

Just figured I'd ask whats going on with this topic!

Thanks.
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Mon 25 Feb 2019, 20:05

Laerities/Volund wrote:Heyo!

I was just wondering if we could get a general idea of if there will be an increase, how high would the increase be if so? When can we expect this roughly? (6 months, one year, over a year?).

Just figured I'd ask whats going on with this topic!

Thanks.

Right now we are not planning to in c5rease the number. We wanted to do it to help our steam player but we allowed the transfer from Steam account to Virtys account instead.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Mon 25 Feb 2019, 20:51

Awesome thanks for the response/update.

This should clear it up for anyone who might have thought otherwise (myself).
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Return to “Game”