feature question

samareth
Défricheur
Realm: Fauconnia

feature question

Postby samareth » Sat 05 Mar 2016, 15:58

I have a question relating to the technical aspects of the game. Is there any interest in eventually creating an app version that will share data with the version we play on our PCs? I have an IT degree so I know this is not a small thing. The PC version uses Silverlight and mobile devices don't even support Adobe's Flash. I just am curious about whether someone is even idly pondering the idea. I work 4 days a week and spend next to no time on my computer those days but I take my Kindle to work and do things like check Facebook on my breaks.

JBento
Citoyen

Re: feature question

Postby JBento » Sat 05 Mar 2016, 20:14

The PC version is about (i.e., when Virtys can find the time to get to it) to jump from Silverlight to Unity. I don't know if there's an app in the plans or in the works, but if there is it'll almost assuredly be after that switch.

Aranna
Citoyen

Re: feature question

Postby Aranna » Sat 05 Mar 2016, 23:04

I vaguely recall a mobile app was planned, but is somewhat on the back burner until the game is ported to unity. Or maybe it was being worked on at the same time? Not 100% sure, I'm recalling a mention of it from at least like 8 months ago, likely longer. I think the main challenge was getting controls to be sensible/useable on mobile (though again, as JBento said porting the game likely put it on the back burner at least for now).

Return to “Game”