Lower Depths gold drops

Aeschylus
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Lower Depths gold drops

Postby Aeschylus » Fri 06 May 2016, 16:09

So I went to the lower depths today to farm a bit -- I spent an hour or so killing zombies, getting from 30-40g per fight, then suddenly the gold reward from killing them plummeted to about 1g each, and hasn't gone back up. It wasn't fixed by relogging. The gold drops also lowered on all the other enemies. Is this intentional somehow? I'm playing using the client, but changing to the browser doesn't fix it.

Naelline
Coordinateur
Realm: -

Re: Lower Depths gold drops

Postby Naelline » Fri 06 May 2016, 16:28

The team made a quiet update
- to fix some bugs : some task is again invisible and other came back at their right places)
- to made some adjustment, i.e. lower dept and behemoth loot : un bit less on a few monsters... but on the lower depths, it's always more than before 1.20.

Other corrections are ready, but they need to shut down servers, so they will wait a little before, just to be sure they forgot nothing.

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Fri 06 May 2016, 16:32

Naelline wrote:The team made a quiet update
- to fix some bugs : some task is again invisible and other came bakc at their right places)
- to made some adjustment, i.e. lower dept and behemoth loot : un bit less on a few monsters... but on the lower depths, it's always more than before 1.20.

Other corrections are ready, but they need to shut down servers, so they will wait a little before, just to be sure they forgot nothing.

Ok, well in that case you made a big error, because lower depths gold drops became about 1/5th of what they were before your silent update, and 1/2-1/3rd of what they were before the 1.20 update (on the zombies at least). The loot in the new dungeon was already mostly junk so I don't really see the rationale behind lowering it even further.

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Fri 06 May 2016, 16:43

Well no... we made the silent update about one hour ago.. we did not reduce it below what it was before...

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Fri 06 May 2016, 16:48

Cloudigger wrote:Well no... we made the silent update about one hour ago.. we did not reduce it below what it was before...

Hum ok, it must have been an actual bug then.
I started farming at around 15:00 GMT, at around 16:00GMT the gold drops were cut down to 1/5th or so.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Fri 06 May 2016, 16:50

I hadn't noticed a gold change but a minor item table change.. As much as I hate to give away what I was getting and share my secrets :P

I went from getting like 20+ gala ore fighting 5+ hours to getting 2-5 sooo but maybe its me? I haven't exactly tested it enough to put on boards but I am putting my 2cents in since someone else did.
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Maniel
Emperator
Realm: Maliken

Postby Maniel » Fri 06 May 2016, 16:53

As ou say, it's not specially a good idea to made loot prevision with only 50 or 120 loots ;)

If you have loot notes somewhere, I will be happy to have it to complete this (I know, have to traduce it... but not before my English final test at school ^^').
Joue depuis le : 2014-01-07 (7janvier) 15:10:07
25 personnages sur Fiergrue (non ce n'est pas un record !).
Mais non, mais non, je ne sommes pas du tout schizophrène :lol:

Mmmmh. Oui, irl, je suis une fille.

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Fri 06 May 2016, 17:03

Aeschylus wrote:
Cloudigger wrote:Well no... we made the silent update about one hour ago.. we did not reduce it below what it was before...

Hum ok, it must have been an actual bug then.
I started farming at around 15:00 GMT, at around 16:00GMT the gold drops were cut down to 1/5th or so.

yeah we reduced the gold drop that was increased during the 1.20 update but not below before that update

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Fri 06 May 2016, 17:04

Cloudigger wrote:yeah we reduced the gold drop that was increased during the 1.20 update but not below before that update

Ok, just in case I was unclear it's been reduced to *well* below what it was before the 1.20 update. Or at least there is some bug that's causing it to be lower than intended. You might want to check that.

Naelline
Coordinateur

Postby Naelline » Fri 06 May 2016, 17:15

I just verify the loots of Zombies and Wyvern... and ... everything is normal. More gold than before, but just less for some monsters that was too generous since Monday. And the script don't changed the loot of objects since Monday.

Don't forget that "random" don't really exist on computer, and we had good or bad luck... One hour farming is not enough to conclude that there is a bug.

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Fri 06 May 2016, 17:44

Naelline wrote:Don't forget that "random" don't really exist on computer, and we had good or bad luck... One hour farming is not enough to conclude that there is a bug.

Please don't patronize me -- I have been playing this game for over two years, and am very familiar with how the loot system and RNG in this game work in practice. Since it seems like more evidence and explanation is required, I went back to Lower Depths and fought a bit more and took some screenshots.

Here is a shot of the loot from a fight with 5 zombies and 1 spider:
Previous to 1.20, I would never get less than 14-18 gold from such a fight. This is not one hour of farming, this is months of doing it consistently. After 1.20, such a fight would normally give from 32-40g.

Here is another shot of the loot from a fight with just 5 zombies:
Even lower that time.
Didn't have the patience to find a 6 zombie group, but gold drops are similarly low.
This is all well beyond the bounds of what can be explained by the vagaries of the RNG if your intention was, as stated, to make it lower than the initial 1.20 gold drop rate, but still higher than before the patch.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Fri 06 May 2016, 17:53

I farmed another hour's worth and I personally have not reach over 10g in a single fight (well not yet at least).. I have to agree Aeschylus, this change also had to be within a few days because I was farming for 17g not too long ago...

They can deny the changes but we all know they nerfed it, maybe Cloud doesn't know specifically because he didn't do the changes himself.. Maybe.

Remember the players are the ones that pay into the game.. :roll:
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Fri 06 May 2016, 18:31

Prior to the Behemoth update, the zombies regularly dropped around 3g each, with pretty small variance, say +/-20%. Based on the evidence, it looks like they now give perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 that. The devs say that they didn't decrease any loot. Maybe they didn't know/intend that zombies had been dropping so much beforehand?

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Fri 06 May 2016, 18:47

They for sure over shot it when they first released behemoth however they also lowered it too much.. They went from 18g to 8g.. They could have changed it from 18g to 12g or so.. In addition to the gold change the new implemented rare drop table has been changed.. So it went from being too good (I will admit) to too bad.

I understand the nerf but I don't understand their scaling, if your going to nerf the gold to 1/3 the behemoth update amount then you should keep the drop tables.. If your going to nerf the drop tables so quite a but of stuff no longer appears or its at 1/100th the rate then don't mess with the gold.

The point is the nerf was too hard and im going to try and farm new dungeon, if thats not any better im going back to ice lab which I used to do before behemoth update..

Hey don't take my word for it though just keep an eye on who does what, if many people go back to ice lab its a clear indicator that your balancing poor if people farm all 3 then your balancing is pretty spot on.

And on behemoth page they said they changed drops so at least we are not crazy and something did change.

Well im done with the topic.. Take care.

Laerities Watto

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Fri 06 May 2016, 18:55

Patrope wrote:Prior to the Behemoth update, the zombies regularly dropped around 3g each, with pretty small variance, say +/-20%. Based on the evidence, it looks like they now give perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 that. The devs say that they didn't decrease any loot. Maybe they didn't know/intend that zombies had been dropping so much beforehand?

That level of ignorance about their own game seems pretty unlikely, especially given how extensive Norstria's initial testing was.
Anyway, based on what the devs have posted this is a bug. The wisdom of this particular design decision aside, whether or not they want to acknowledge that is up to them. I've had the same experience previously with them fervently denying a bug existed (though granted that may have been the gameforge people) when it clearly did and multiple people were experiencing it, so hopefully they will come around eventually.

Richard_Board
Citoyen

Postby Richard_Board » Fri 06 May 2016, 21:39

Just to put my two cents in...

Yesterday I got over 500G in gold alone not to mention the drops of good Loot.

I was getting Wyvern Blood in every fight with An Albino Wyvern, and amassed a total of 35 from the 1-2 hour trip.

I have not been back since... but I was kind of hoping that the uppage in Loot would be a permanent thing :(

Come on Cloud... have a heart put the Loot back up :D <3

Maniel
Emperator
Realm: Maliken

Postby Maniel » Fri 06 May 2016, 22:20

*takes each two cents and is now a new rich* Thank you everybody ♥
Joue depuis le : 2014-01-07 (7janvier) 15:10:07
25 personnages sur Fiergrue (non ce n'est pas un record !).
Mais non, mais non, je ne sommes pas du tout schizophrène :lol:

Mmmmh. Oui, irl, je suis une fille.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Sat 07 May 2016, 08:12

My two cents :)

Everything seems in order in the lower depths, but we will verify it again when we will verify Behemoth. Not immediatly, Quebec is sleeping for the moment ;)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Return to “Game”