Goodbye with a short feedback

Quamino
Défricheur
Realm: Filgar

Goodbye with a short feedback

Postby Quamino » Fri 10 Mar 2017, 18:03

Hello Therians,

we want to say good bye.

As we really enjoyed the time at Therians, but there are indeed some special reasons that causes our decision, we would like to give you a short feedback:

- First, we absolutely appreciate, that Virtys has developed such a special, non-mainstream game. We liked the slow progress and the far goaly very much. Maybe Therian supports a quiet small niche in the gaming world, but it is great deal to do that! Thank you!

- beyond that, there is one problem, that is an sometimes badly frustrating obstacle: The missing rules:

Of course, it's part of the game to explore the rules by ourselve, but some rules are not really explorable (i.e. the formula how some attributes of buildings are calculated). Especially when it's come to build in heavy terrain and you are surprised, that for some building the build in machines has influence on it landscape value, it has nothing to do with a long term goal but with heavy researching to find out what you need and big reporting to note the information, so you can use it later. Especially for a small community like our guild, that part of the game become to get the main part, but resarching and noting is not the game we want to play.

So maybe it would for others who are thinking similiar a good thing, if on a not-so-far-away goal for you, you work out a real rule supplementary, that contains all basic rules and formulas (and not only the few first steps for the "n00b").

So, farewell and a long lasting success with Therian!
Quamino and his Pioneers.
Wer länger braucht, hat länger Spaß! :mrgreen:

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Re: Goodbye with a short feedback

Postby Falkarma » Fri 10 Mar 2017, 21:43

Hi Quamino,

Thanks you for taking the time to do this message. I'm glad you appreciate the game and its subtilities.

The lack of rules description is a real problem yes, part of it is due to the long history of the game that evolved with the community, it was not designed from A to Z when we launched in 2013, let's say it was designed from A to P. Being released at the same time as building the games turned out to be fun but we had to cut at some place in order to survives. Clarity in the game system was one of the things dropped, leaving the door open to something that many players liked, the difficulty of not only progressing in the game, but also understanding it.

Anyway, I also think some place needs to be clarified, we can say that we have "fallbacked" to the players-made tools and tutorials for now.

We'll keep your heroes well feed and with some good Rhumbular in case you return. :-)

Falk
Therian Saga

Melindra
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Melindra » Fri 10 Mar 2017, 22:46

+10 for an incredibly classy response ;)

Tuf
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Postby Tuf » Sat 11 Mar 2017, 11:29

I spent half of year to understand 70% of mechanics. After that it is about 2-3% of extra knowledge per month.
But know i started to make great fun ^_^
On RU we have great wiki about game.
And also there are guides/calcs that are built on info from devs
It is one of the most comlex game i ever seen.
Thx Vyrtys. Hope u will fix known bugs a bit faster ^_^

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur
Realm: Agonedus

Postby NightCroucher » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 13:05

I also think, that complycity of the game is mostly it's advantage.

Falkarma wrote:we can say that we have "fallbacked" to the players-made tools and tutorials for now.

About that, we are still waiting for data update :)

Return to “Game”