rails for stones, rails for ore

infael
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

rails for stones, rails for ore

Postby infael » Thu 23 Mar 2017, 22:09

This has always been incredibly confusing for me. I wanted to gather Simblior and palp in Den and made a rail for ore. Turns out that I needed rails for stones to get simblior/palp. I just wasted domane and solone. I now need to get more domane and solone which is very time consuming.

Could you please fix the wording to eliminate confusion?

Stormi
Emperator

Re: rails for stones, rails for ore

Postby Stormi » Thu 23 Mar 2017, 22:51

infael wrote:This has always been incredibly confusing for me. I wanted to gather Simblior and palp in Den and made a rail for ore. Turns out that I needed rails for stones to get simblior/palp. I just wasted domane and solone. I now need to get more domane and solone which is very time consuming.

Could you please fix the wording to eliminate confusion?

I've made the mistake before myself, but not sure what you mean by fix the wording? Ore is a term for metal and fuels etc. and stones is well, stone. So Lumps and Gems stones.

I do think the Quarry should only accept a Rails for Stones though and have the ability to accept Rails for Ore. As that is totally like, never used.

A quick added text to the Mine would be nice, when I first started it was a bit confusing as to what the 2 rails would allow to be extracted from it.

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Re: rails for stones, rails for ore

Postby Melindra » Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:18

The confusion originates because the "Mine" can use two different mechanisms: rail for ore and rail for stone. (first for ore and second for gems/fuel)
The quarry only uses rail for stone (for lumps).
There is no other building that I can think of that accepts two different mechanisms. What they really need is a new building "Gem Mine" and a new mechanism "Rail for Gems" to eliminate all of the confusions. Rest assured that you are not the only one who has made this mistake. However, most people make the mistake on a less expensive mechanism. I think everyone would agree that it's confusing at first and is in need of some clarification in game to prevent costly mistakes like yours. *hugs*

Return to “Game”