Soriason questline issue

angryplayer
Citoyen
Realm: -

Soriason questline issue

Postby angryplayer » Tue 01 May 2018, 02:30

Hi, I am having a issue finding the NPC to turn in my quest "the trap" . I have a "?" indicating i finished the quest and it shows it is at molin ruins to turn in. When i go into molin ruins i cannot find a npc anywhere, not at entrance, not anywhere. I believe i am supposed to turn it in at "the molins quarters". but there is no npc. there was however a quest boss for the questline "flames and ruins". i killed that npc.. but now there are skill checks and still no npc for the other questline.....

What i am guessing, is that i started the soriason questline, went into molins ruins, obtained quest "the trap", then, some time later i accepted the "flames and ruins" questline which started at tarasquan. im guessing the two questlines caused a issue with the NPC i need. unless im completely blind.. but i have gone tile after tile in molins ruins looking for npc and cant find it multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated. the skill checks needed to finish "flames and ruins" questline are high.. and this is not my main that is trying to finish the soriason questline.

Thanks

Cloudigger
Mystique

Re: Soriason questline issue

Postby Cloudigger » Tue 01 May 2018, 11:42

The idea with the flames and ruins quest was to create the impression that everything was blocked by the attack on the molin ruins. So it's kind of normal that NPC are not there ready to complete business as usual.

The quest cannot be ended by two different characters so we cannot put the conclusion of "the trap" on another character while the other quest is activated.

So yes, you will have to finish the flames and ruins quest before concluding the other.

I will see that there is a warning message on the flames and ruins quest in the next update.

Cosette
Citoyen

Postby Cosette » Tue 01 May 2018, 14:53

This is a very short sighted and TERRIBLE change Clouddigger !

To complete Flames line in Molin's Ruins you need high end Hanois gear and high end companions to unlock Metascience skills? You need 60-65+ in skill checks, you need to pretty much be a endgame player to get a midgame skill?

You need to fix this asap, probably put it at the top of your list. You need to move the Metascience quests out of Molins and do this asap. Locking a mid game skill behind end game content is very, VERY bad planning. Or require Metascicene to be obtained as a skill check for even accepting the Flames quest line that changes Molin's before you even can take it. To block you from locking you out of a mid-game skill for awhile.

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Tue 01 May 2018, 16:22

I'll see what I can do to fix that, but it is one of the rare case it happened and this is like since the end of 2015, beginning of 2016. So I dont think it is as major as you think it is.

For the original poster he should write us to support and we can see what we can do for him. He will have to tell us his character name and on the server he plays.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Laerities/Volund » Tue 01 May 2018, 18:50

Support is pretty good with Norstrian quests, as I have had my fair share of issues with them. As for metascience being difficult to get without already being higher tier, I think it was that way for a very long time. Sorosian quests require a lot of fleeing and re-entering if one wants to do it without the proper equipment. While I hate that it has been done like this because it makes it very tough its been here for so long and appeared to be intentional.

I'm just saying if the problem is metascience requires higher end equipment its always been like that.. Unless you want to flee a lot.
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Wed 02 May 2018, 02:05

Laerities/Volund wrote:Support is pretty good with Norstrian quests, as I have had my fair share of issues with them. As for metascience being difficult to get without already being higher tier, I think it was that way for a very long time. Sorosian quests require a lot of fleeing and re-entering if one wants to do it without the proper equipment. While I hate that it has been done like this because it makes it very tough its been here for so long and appeared to be intentional.

I'm just saying if the problem is metascience requires higher end equipment its always been like that.. Unless you want to flee a lot.

I think cosette meant, that since the 2 quests are conflicting, i now need even better armor and skills to get metascience since i have to finish the other questline first before i can finish sorianson questline. and the other questline has hard fights and 60-70 skill checks, and i am just trying to get metascience with a alt.

Thank you Cloudigger for the quick reply, i understand it was my fault, i should have read the quest better. I understand this has not happened much. I pushed my ALT through nostria and skipped sorianson questline and went straight to tarasquan for the golem monster. One easy fix so this never happens again could be to make tarasquan accessible only if sorianson questline is also done. along with the other 2 questlines needed. Nobody would ever be able to accept the molin ruins quest in tarasquan without having finished sorianson. keep up the great work on the game, thanks.

Return to “Game”