Combined Market

Pandaluv
Défricheur
Realm: Lanfar

Combined Market

Postby Pandaluv » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 01:58

I believe it would be very beneficial if the markets were able to be linked to the other servers. I'm pretty sure I've brought up that idea before, but it's been so long that i don't remember what the response was. So figured I'd mention it again. What's everyone's thoughts on this idea?

I may be wrong here, but since the objects in the game appear to be the same on every server, and the only difference being the language... Combining the markets into a cross server, would certainly add more competition, as well as bring more items that others are looking to sell. I know there's been times when I've needed something, but ended up grinding hours on end, because no one was selling, or willing to sell.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: Combined Market

Postby Céline » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 10:09

To summarize previous topics about combined market
- it's not possible to cross server (market or chat or other things)
- servers don't have same amount of players and aren't at the same "level"
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

cuentista
Bourlingueur
Realm: Nostria

Postby cuentista » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 10:24

And what about reducing the commission or increasing the duration of the placement, as now the market is very inconvenient. The order system is almost normal, there would be more possible orders.

Hardsun
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Hardsun » Thu 29 Nov 2018, 13:25

Just change it so comission only paid if something being actually sold.

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Thu 29 Nov 2018, 22:50

Hardsun wrote:Just change it so comission only paid if something being actually sold.

why? even 10000g isnt that bad of a commission.. if you are selling something that much, you have the gold for commission, you can farm gold in moat in 30minutes for a commission of something extremely expensive.

the market is fine the way it is.. the problem isnt the market, its the low playerbase. but like the admin said, it would not be fair to combine the markets.. because the server im on doesnt even have morta wyvern boots yet.. there is too much of a difference in the length of time between the servers and the players skill levels in them..

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Thu 29 Nov 2018, 23:09

When I was a beginner, I asked players to lend me money.. so I can put items on the market.
It's a bit strange :/
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Fri 30 Nov 2018, 00:52

angryplayer wrote:
Hardsun wrote:Just change it so comission only paid if something being actually sold.

why? even 10000g isnt that bad of a commission.. if you are selling something that much, you have the gold for commission, you can farm gold in moat in 30minutes for a commission of something extremely expensive.

the market is fine the way it is.. the problem isnt the market, its the low playerbase. but like the admin said, it would not be fair to combine the markets.. because the server im on doesnt even have morta wyvern boots yet.. there is too much of a difference in the length of time between the servers and the players skill levels in them..

I feel like our community is good about lending money. For those who can't farm moat one could buy tin ingots/copper and sell them for dramatically increased prices to start off (such as I did).

I agree with our angry player who states its the player size and hopefully they will eventually take the game off Silverlight :s
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 30 Nov 2018, 07:17

Hope you are not involved in real bussiness lol ... useing money from combat to cover losses in trading sounds like useing good bussiness to cover holes in bad one. IRL you simply abandoning/selling bad one.
What about players who do little or almost no combat and playing crafter/trader style ? Especially starters who got little other means to make gold. Poor guy simply risking to go bankrupt since demand base being very small and he might be spending gold not selling much to cover his losses, lest to say make profits.
I see combat and crafting as totatly separate types of making money in game - combatants spending money they got from dungeons buying stuff from others who spend more time crafting. Its all limited by real time in the end - if you combat 24/7, cant do crafting and vice verca.
But for this to work game should have certain limitations forcing players to specialize in something one at certain moment - wont work with no limit on alts and such i guess and its more a matter of game balance. Otherwise we ending with highest activity players doing both 24/7 combat and having most crafting in same time.

Might work if markets would be alive with much higher player activity. Otherwise you risk keep spending money with no return - in current state i see it as possible to use market but in same time strongly discoraging to put anything expensive on market at all. If devs need money sink, do it as separate comissions - one (much lower for setting up sell order .. why buy orders dont have comissing btw lol ?) and another one for actually selling something.

And from what i got while making markets shared for all servers might bring more people interacting and trading - its not technically possible and even if it would - matter of balance with different servers progression that would kill need for progression on younger servers.

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Fri 30 Nov 2018, 23:03

I never said i lose money in farming to cover losses in market, i said you can farm easily for enough gold to cover the market tax. and if you dont farm you can fill buy orders and then have the gold to put something on market. im really not sure how that concept is hard to understand, the tax is really not that much. and if you are a smart seller, you will not put anything on market unless you know its a fair price and people will buy it, so you wont lose the gold you put in for the tax. i hope you arent involved in real business.. you put up runic grimalroc mortar pestles for 900g hardsun... and there are non runic volcanite mortar pestles for 450g on market which are the exact same skill level.. maybe you just dont understand economics. If you are greedy, then yes you will lose all the gold you spent on the market tax... maybe your problem is your greed?

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sat 01 Dec 2018, 05:05

Tells someone who selling 51 kdel engi compasses for over 2000g - and it takes just 1 ingot and frim60 to make one. Yeah, no greed at all :lol:
And my tools... i was placing mine when there were no other offers, simply taking material costs into account. Placing yours afterwards at lower price and then telling it was always there is meh idea. As for economics - any price being good when there is no supply at all - rest is a matter of competition that should even the prices. I got the feeling we going off-topic :(

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Wed 05 Dec 2018, 17:29

Hardsun wrote:Tells someone who selling 51 kdel engi compasses for over 2000g - and it takes just 1 ingot and frim60 to make one. Yeah, no greed at all :lol:
And my tools... i was placing mine when there were no other offers, simply taking material costs into account. Placing yours afterwards at lower price and then telling it was always there is meh idea. As for economics - any price being good when there is no supply at all - rest is a matter of competition that should even the prices. I got the feeling we going off-topic :(

you mean the only runic 51 compasses that has ever been sold on the server?... yeah that sold in less than 1 day... because it was the first ever sold... your 900+g mortars have been sold before, for drastically cheaper.. you always either pay very little to people on market for things you want in buy offers.. or you charge really high prices...then complain on the forum about how there should be no tax in the market... every single thing i put on market sells.. or i give away.. keep thinking the problem with your stuff not selling isnt you though.. i will continue to sell things for fair prices.. there doesnt need to be a combined market..there needs to be more players selling their goods for fair prices.

Cadphael
Emperator

Postby Cadphael » Fri 07 Dec 2018, 03:48

angryplayer wrote:
Hardsun wrote:Tells someone who selling 51 kdel engi compasses for over 2000g - and it takes just 1 ingot and frim60 to make one. Yeah, no greed at all :lol:

you mean the only runic 51 compasses that has ever been sold on the server?... yeah that sold in less than 1 day... because it was the first ever sold... your 900+g mortars have been sold before, for drastically cheaper.. you always either pay very little to people on market for things you want in buy offers.. or you charge really high prices...then complain on the forum about how there should be no tax in the market... every single thing i put on market sells.. or i give away.. keep thinking the problem with your stuff not selling isnt you though.. i will continue to sell things for fair prices.. there doesnt need to be a combined market..there needs to be more players selling their goods for fair prices.

First ones in a while, not ever. I bought mine from Lifewarden for about 2500 gold like 3 years ago.

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 07 Dec 2018, 09:40

Loucantar is less then 2 years old... just saying :lol:

Cadphael
Emperator

Postby Cadphael » Fri 07 Dec 2018, 09:58

Hardsun wrote:Loucantar is less then 2 years old... just saying :lol: