Transportation bug - Roads

fingon
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Transportation bug - Roads

Postby fingon » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 13:38

It seems the transportation times are not calculated correctly.
Case study:
I have a toon that has to transport from Ren to Giant Plains through Loudhunter Forest.
Loud hunter has a Road (30 Transportation).
As it is known, when you transport but first select the Road then transport to the second domain, your effective Transportation gets a bonus from location and the transport time is decreased.
Doing all this correctly, I queued the transport from Ren to Giant Plains:

Then I logged out and reloaded after half and hour, when the toon would have passed the Ren/Loud boundaries.
Here is a screenshot of the queue now:
The landing time is increased by 1 hour.
Most probably this happens because the game engine when recalculating the transport time at the time the toon hits the Ren/Loud boundary, it does not take into consideration that the Loud->Plains part uses a Road.

Anyway, this is clearly a Bug, the transport time should not have increased, so please check and fix :)

Woody
Emperator

Re: Transportation bug - Roads

Postby Woody » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 14:12

we discussed this also... If your destination has a road and you have it selected when you cross the boundry the time deficit is reduced and only calculated on your new road level. But you have to be online to get it too work :(

To be honest I don't know why you have to have road selected at all. Why can't the engine just check if there's a road at your domain and add the bonus whichever tab you have selected?

p.s. you might wanna move your giant plains domain buddy... that location is gonna kill you if you transporting to norst. We had to move loudthunder and giant plains and got the times down another 8hrs. That stacks up if you considering lugging 1000+ monos to norst :) If you do plain on moving giant plains I would further advise not right up against the tarsq border... 22+ minutes transport time away so u can 1 BC to lanfar doors for the babysit part. Ours is 18 minutes without horn and 8 with... means if u 1BC u miss the fight and inevitably end up mutilated :D
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 15:04

Oh well... that Giant Plains domain...
We put it there after much calculation so that it can be at least efficient for most transport routes (e.g. Den->Hawkoria or Nostria->Hawkoria).
It is never optimal but works on most cases except Den->Loud/Ren.

I realise fully the merits of a Plains as close as possible to Tarasquan Doors, but it is too late to move it. We have Outpost, Gem Mine, Road...
Good news is that as it seems, the transporters (with current Plains position) are quicker than the miners/cutters, so this won't bottleneck the project.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 15:05

Yeah cutting is the bottleneck there :)

BlackWolf
Citoyen

Postby BlackWolf » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 22:57

Would it be possible to buy 2 domains in the same region ?

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Sun 14 Feb 2016, 00:57

BlackWolf wrote:Would it be possible to buy 2 domains in the same region ?

nope

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:54

Bumping the thread, so that the Devs don't miss it :)

It's really frustrating to have made Roads everywhere and they don't work... Do you know how much Oak they have cost?

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Postby Falkarma » Wed 17 Feb 2016, 02:25

Hurmm, ok, i'll make sure its on our check list. Thanks for the complete study of the problem.
Therian Saga

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Mon 29 Feb 2016, 22:31

fingon wrote:.. Do you know how much Oak they have cost?

Meanwhile back at MOJ towers :P

Warning clicking this link has nothing to do with Irangrad Root... just epic madness ( and maybe a little bit of trolling my mortal enemy buddy fingon ) :lol:
roadconstuction.jpg
roadconstuction.jpg (94.4 KiB) Viewed 15557 times

RoadinTarsq.jpg
RoadinTarsq.jpg (48.6 KiB) Viewed 15557 times

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Mon 29 Feb 2016, 22:49

Well now is there a limit to your wild projects?

proceed with humour
will you put some gold tolls on the use of that Road? :D

On our subject, the transportation bug is even more deep.
Whenever you queue a transport using a Road (a simple one between 2 domains), when relogging the total time is increased. Even if you stay online and wait, when the hero reaches the border, it will recalculate and add a few more minutes.
So the problem is not when hitting border, but even before that. transport time doesn't take into consideration roads at all!

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Mon 29 Feb 2016, 23:08

LOOOL 'gold tolls'.... only if you come over as a guest buddy ;)

yeah transport timing sucks... should just lock in. :(

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Wed 01 Jun 2016, 20:56

My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but i had a question and this seemed the most sensible place to ask it....

If i have a road at the giant plains domain and transport a 45 encumbrance item to the den domain, which doesn't have a road... Will i get stuck at the den border as my effective transportation skill would have dropped below 45 when crossing the border?

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Wed 01 Jun 2016, 21:38

No Coastis, this doesn't happen. You will finish the transportation successfully

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Wed 01 Jun 2016, 21:45

fingon wrote:No Coastis, this doesn't happen. You will finish the transportation successfully

Thank you very much for the clarification, i'd hate to have had to throw away one of those 45 parts!

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Mon 11 Jul 2016, 22:11

Ok, so they work fine for the bonus to effective, and therefore allow you to carry heavier loads... Did the other part get fixed yet? Anyone know?
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Mon 11 Jul 2016, 22:56

No Yushi, the bug still exists

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Mon 11 Jul 2016, 23:04

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Tue 06 Sep 2016, 14:00

Transportation bug as described in first post is still here, after 6 months.

I thought that since you would give transportation some boost (which is a bit disappointing, we were excepting a skillable trade like the others but anyway), you would look into it and fix it.
Sadly this is not the case. Transport time still aren't affected correctly by the use of roads...

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Postby Falkarma » Tue 06 Sep 2016, 14:13

There is not an easy fix for this one, we have no release date for it but it's on our list. The impact could be massive because it could change the very way scheduled task are stored in the game. There is a similar problem know for task in layout (city).

You don't touch that thing lightly.

So at each update we need to balance between fixes and new stuff. Transportation fixes have not been selected yet.

Thank you for your understanding.
Therian Saga

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Tue 06 Sep 2016, 14:41

Thank you for the answer.

I know from my limited experience that some bugs may sound too easy to be solved from the client view and impossible from the programmer view, so I understand you very well.

I was not sure where it was standing and to be honest if it requires too much work, I would prefer the effort spent on other stuff

Return to “Game”