seeing the spambots polluting the forums daily, some actions should be taken IMO

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

seeing the spambots polluting the forums daily, some actions should be taken IMO

Postby Lifewarden » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 07:17

There is a simple, free solution for the annoying problem
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html
I dunno who's responsible for the forum support but integrating this into a registration script would solve the problem once and forever. Well, at least it would work until there is no neural nets with a sufficiently sofisticated AI out there :lol:

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Re: seeing the spambots polluting the forums daily, some actions should be taken IMO

Postby Falkarma » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 13:19

Hurmm, I activated google re-capchat, should be better now.
Therian Saga

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Re: seeing the spambots polluting the forums daily, some actions should be taken IMO

Postby Laerities/Volund » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 13:32

We shall see won't we :P
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Falkarma
Bâtisseur

Postby Falkarma » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 13:48

Some bots are already registered and post one or two day after registration, it will take a few day to see if there is any result.
Therian Saga

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 14:08

splendid! let's hope it would work

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 14:22

Hi,

I have just finished blocking a serie of e-mail servers used by the bots and I deleted a lot of accounts. This will help to ;)
But some bots use gmail, hotmail or outlook adress... and I can't ban *@gmail/hotmail/outlook ^^'
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Return to “Forum”