Game Guide : Opening more data to Toolmakers!

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur
Realm: Agonedus

Re: Game Guide : Opening more data to Toolmakers!

Postby NightCroucher » Fri 14 Jul 2017, 16:55

Falkarma wrote:Shop are linked to resident that have a location. In the XML we do the link manullaly upon generation.

About opening Item and Resident, we did not want to go that far at first. I'll think about it, making sure we do not spoil too much questline with it.

That's why i was talking about only items with ID = TaskConsumeItem.ItemID and same for stores (here we also need store items table)
As for residents, only the ones, mentioned in Store.ResidentID.

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Fri 14 Jul 2017, 17:31

Or I guess they could also create an extra table (or view) "by hand" like they enriched the XMl.

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

FunTools?

Postby NightCroucher » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 21:52

Hi Devs, i have quite delicate question.
How would you look at creating desktop information software, that can show people extended info about their characters like: full companions list with locations, learned recipes, total resources numbers for all account heroes, etc?
Additional possibilities: gathering character and guild info into some web service without creating game api. Having character info online allows creating ratings, guild management, use data for simulation tools.
Maybe someone will have more ideas.

PS: this is not abstract idea, i have test version of such tool

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 21:59

Hum. If you access the "live" DB in such a manner, wouldn't it pose a performance risk ?

But yeah, I can think of many uses for that...

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 22:02

Not DB, I'm using full client like approach: user login, server data requests. nothing, thet cannot be got by game inself.

bmmtstb
Citoyen
Realm: Filgar

Postby bmmtstb » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 00:07

I've asked sth similar, and I think they'll not allow it, due to the possibility to create better "bots", to autofarm stuff...

But on the other Handy, silverlight still is not easy for those who want to do harm to this game.

not for missunderstanding, I would like to have a tool like this, just pointing out....
Rechtschreibfehler dienen meinem Weg zu Weltherrrschaft <- oh schaut mal ein Pirat o.O

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Mon 11 Sep 2017, 12:05

OK, while there is no answer, i will continue )
So far there is general login part working, after that we can get set of characters for selected server, and login into one of them.
At that point we have items, recipes and tasks info. So what i'm doing now is creating item list with possibility to filter by item name, character and location. Using that i will be able to find if i have some item, and where is it.
Next part will be recipes i think, display of which recipes are learned and which ones are not.

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Postby Falkarma » Mon 11 Sep 2017, 14:10

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of answers.

Right now, we don't have the resources available to create a secured API for custom tools. But yes, it's would be the best, we would open only data we think should be shared. Starting with the hero status and the queue of tasks, so you could create monitoring software for any platform.

Going in the client emulation path like NightCrouncher is doing is a bit risky for performance, I would have prefered we don't go this way.
Therian Saga

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Mon 11 Sep 2017, 20:01

OK, so no client emulation, and no api in near future.
It may sounds strange, but i think you can use volunteers help not only for testing and translation, but also for development )

Falkarma
Bâtisseur

Postby Falkarma » Tue 12 Sep 2017, 19:36

Hi guys,

We don't have the option to go open-source, but maybe we could partner on some part of the developing yes.

I'll make a deal with you, I'm on a tight schedule for "something" until the end of october. When it's over, i'll lock a two full week of API-Toolsmaking-partnership-etc on my schedule and will work something out together. In November.

Until then, continue to explore the emulation way or our data structure from the sample databases, just don't do things that could overload the system. And I could do some periodic check on your code if you want, to make sure we are not causing problems.

Falk
Therian Saga

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Tue 12 Sep 2017, 20:20

That sounds great!

For now I will play with data a little. I'm using original service and data contracts, and requests are in synchronous mode and pretty rare. Nothing more then one additional player online.

PS: i need to clean up my code ;)

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 12:43

NightCroucher wrote:OK, while there is no answer, i will continue )
So far there is general login part working, after that we can get set of characters for selected server, and login into one of them.
At that point we have items, recipes and tasks info. So what i'm doing now is creating item list with possibility to filter by item name, character and location. Using that i will be able to find if i have some item, and where is it.
Next part will be recipes i think, display of which recipes are learned and which ones are not.

Another thing that would be very nice is the possibility to output the full content of the report journal to a file in some format.
Ultimately, the idea would be to use that for things like statistics on loots for commerce and for fights (fights in absentia, since regular fights do not show up in the journal and don't specify the mob in the chat...)
Ideally, it would be done in such a way that we can append results to existing files without duplication.
I don't know if it's best to have 1 big output file or one file per character

If the output format is simple, external tools can then be used to perform data mining on it.

I have no idea whether this is doable or not though.

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 15:50

Gopol wrote:Another thing that would be very nice is the possibility to output the full content of the report journal to a file in some format.
Ultimately, the idea would be to use that for things like statistics on loots for commerce and for fights (fights in absentia, since regular fights do not show up in the journal and don't specify the mob in the chat...)
Ideally, it would be done in such a way that we can append results to existing files without duplication.
I don't know if it's best to have 1 big output file or one file per character

If the output format is simple, external tools can then be used to perform data mining on it.

I have no idea whether this is doable or not though.

Yes it can be done, but in that case you will need to actually play through my program and not through game client. And it will make it alternative client rather then supporting data-work software. I'm not sure if devs will be happy with that kind of thing.

aknoth
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby aknoth » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 18:50

Devs have the loot tables for commerce and fights, giving the same result as the system you explain.
They never wanted to set them public so my guess is your suggestion won't go further.

bmmtstb
Citoyen
Realm: Filgar

Postby bmmtstb » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 20:28

What about for now just make it easier to "just copy" the reports after you traded at some location. Then paste it in the page for trading. User driven content, and nobodey can stop us. Or?
Rechtschreibfehler dienen meinem Weg zu Weltherrrschaft <- oh schaut mal ein Pirat o.O

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 08:36

aknoth wrote:Devs have the loot tables for commerce and fights, giving the same result as the system you explain.
They never wanted to set them public so my guess is your suggestion won't go further.

Not the same result. It would still be statistical data that slowly converge on the truth. And it does that only if we can eliminate the human bias in the choice of what loots to enter.
As long as it is statistical, it remains difficult to do meaningful optimizations base on the values of all the items looted.

No the problem is that with a 3rd party client, you have to trust that 3rd party with your password.
And we have to trust not just Nightcroucher's honesty but also his ability to avoid being hacked ( so that no one else publishes a patch to his client with a Trojan inside in his name)
That kind of trust is ok for a few players working together on a project or something like that but more problematic if say 50% of the players use the 3rd party client.

I wish they could let him make a few improvements to the game :)

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Sun 31 Dec 2017, 18:39

New year spoilers of "NightClient" :D :

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Sun 31 Dec 2017, 19:07

So... I'll learn Russian in 2018 ! :lol:
(TY for all the time you spend on Night-Tools !)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Sun 31 Dec 2017, 19:50

Céline wrote:So... I'll learn Russian in 2018 ! :lol:
(TY for all the time you spend on Night-Tools !)

You don't need to, texts language goes from server, so you will see French ) (you still can learn Russian if you wish :lol: )
If anyone can borrow me English account, i will show English screens.

Melindra
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Melindra » Tue 02 Jan 2018, 18:38

NightCroucher wrote:New year spoilers of "NightClient" :D :

This looks amazing. :D

Return to “Therianblog”