The "new" game guide

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

The "new" game guide

Postby Falkarma » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 14:00

We are very happy to announce that NightCroucher's guide as just become our official guide for the game! You can visit it here: http://theriansaga.com/guide/ . There is much more information in this guide, you will find it very useful for your adventure in Myriaden.

A big thank to NightCroucher for his work, the guide is awesome!

This is part of our effort to improve our cooperation with players created content and tools, something we want to work on in 2018.

Version française:

Nous sommes heureux de vous annoncer que le guide de NightCroucher est devenu le guide officiel du jeu! Vous pouvez y accéder ici: http://theriansaga.com/guide/ . Le guide contient encore plus d'informations utiles pour vos aventures au Myriaden.

Un gros merci à NightCroucher pour son travail. Son guide est fantastique!

Il s'agit d'une partie de nos effort pour faciliter la création de contenus et d'outils par les joueurs. Il s'agit d'un aspect de Therian Saga que nous comptons améliorer en 2018.
Therian Saga

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: The "new" game guide

Postby Laerities/Volund » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 14:41

While the guide now is great I just wanted to point out a few flaws I noticed, I noticed as you near the bottom it will cut off stats of some of the "conpanions" (2nd flaw is spelling mistake). But overall its a HUGE improvement from what it used to be!
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Nilrem
Emperator
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Nilrem » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 14:43

FANTASTIQUE!!!!
je suis fortement impressionnée par le résultat (et donc le travail fourni). Envoyer quelqu'un voir dans le guide va devenir un plaisir!!!
Merci pour ce beau travail qui va certainement nous faciliter les choses
NIL ARC-EN-CIEL

:D

tricoups
Citoyen
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby tricoups » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 16:15

Milles merci !!! :D

Ariochson
Citoyen

Postby Ariochson » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 17:12

Un truc qui manque par rapport à l'ancien guide (ou je ne l'ai pas trouvé) c'est l'endroit pour apprendre les recettes...
et çà c'est moche :(

----------------

One thing missing from the old guide (or I didn't find it) is the place where you learn recipes...
and that's bad :(

pyrrhon
Citoyen

Postby pyrrhon » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 17:52

un joli guide très interactif. beau boulot !

de la couleur, des infobulles, de nouveaux compagnons, des cartes et même un simulateur ! vraiment très complet.

ps Ariochson, la barre de recherche donne un certain nombre de recette. les marchand pnj sont également présent dans le guide
Je n'ai rien d'intelligent à dire mais je tiens à le faire savoir

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:03

Ariochson wrote:One thing missing from the old guide (or I didn't find it) is the place where you learn recipes...

It is there, it's just changed to show more data. That data now is at recipe item page.
Let's say you want to craft "Big Hoist". From engineering page you see "Devise a big hoist" task, and inside there is "Recipe" with link at the recipe item "Mechanienum: Big hoist". There you can see, that it is possible to get recipe from "Organize training on monoliths" task or buy at "Modernus mechanienum" store.

bmmtstb
Citoyen
Realm: Filgar

Postby bmmtstb » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:11

Nice work! Love all the images

But there is still some fiddeling to do: (tested with Firefox ESR)

- It's not possible to read companion stats (as mentioned above) or other things that appear after hover, due to this display under the margin
- inpage links doesn't work (f.ex. -> woodworking -> companions)
- many pages are displayed "to long" after one scrolled down on the first paged and moved to another (doesn't occur always :shock: )
- I dont like the "header" with title and search bar. For me it indicates that i'll only search on this specific site (wich is not true) :?:
- with "open in new tab" the page is not shown properly (new URL: http://guide.theriansaga.net/index.php?target=skills&lang=de )
- because German tends to be a language with pretty long words, there are some display issues due to translation ("Verbrauchsgegenstände")

:idea: with this version it is harder to send other people links to stuff they are searching like "woodworking" because its all the same page ".../guide/ and not like ".../guide/woodwork/". Not necessary, but nice to have :roll:

I think some of this comes from this "page in page" layouting. will this be "forever"?

Martin
Rechtschreibfehler dienen meinem Weg zu Weltherrrschaft <- oh schaut mal ein Pirat o.O

dalth
Bourlingueur

Postby dalth » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:27

en un mot : superbe :D
" y a des jours où faut pas m'chercher, et y a des jours tous les jours "
Krän prince de torgnol

j'aime bien sa manière de penser à ce gars là :twisted:

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:28

Very nice, but quite slow.

What are the icons at the top of some pages supposed to do? Shortcuts to sections? They don't seem to work for me.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Silgan
Citoyen

Postby Silgan » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:41

Enfin un vrai guide! Avec Norstria et Grimaldaz!

Merci !

Dyane
Petite marmotte

Postby Dyane » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:50

\o/ wouhouuuuu!! enfin pu besoin de chercher manuellement pour l'archéo et le général. trop cool le nouveau guide ^^

j'ai remarqué un nom de lien pas français ^^ Mettons quand on va d'abord dans la page "liste complète" on clique ensuite par exemple "offense contondante", dans le haut de cette page on voir le lien "companion".

Maniel
Emperator
Realm: Maliken

Postby Maniel » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:59

Superbe \o/
J'aime bien les couleurs, ça m'évite de fouiller (surtout les gemmes et les plantes) pendant longtemps parce que je ne les trouve pas :lol:

Sinon (merci LaRousse pour le signalement)
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (31.62 KiB) Viewed 24884 times
Joue depuis le : 2014-01-07 (7janvier) 15:10:07
25 personnages sur Fiergrue (non ce n'est pas un record !).
Mais non, mais non, je ne sommes pas du tout schizophrène :lol:

Mmmmh. Oui, irl, je suis une fille.

Ariochson
Citoyen

Postby Ariochson » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 19:11

NightCroucher wrote:
Ariochson wrote:One thing missing from the old guide (or I didn't find it) is the place where you learn recipes...

It is there, it's just changed to show more data. That data now is at recipe item page.
Let's say you want to craft "Big Hoist". From engineering page you see "Devise a big hoist" task, and inside there is "Recipe" with link at the recipe item "Mechanienum: Big hoist". There you can see, that it is possible to get recipe from "Organize training on monoliths" task or buy at "Modernus mechanienum" store.

Great... Thank you !
First time I clicked on the recipe, but the screen change is very slow and I went elsewhere before the loacation screen goes up :)

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 19:42

bmmtstb wrote:Nice work! Love all the images

But there is still some fiddeling to do: (tested with Firefox ESR)

- It's not possible to read companion stats (as mentioned above) or other things that appear after hover, due to this display under the margin
- inpage links doesn't work (f.ex. -> woodworking -> companions)
- many pages are displayed "to long" after one scrolled down on the first paged and moved to another (doesn't occur always :shock: )
- I dont like the "header" with title and search bar. For me it indicates that i'll only search on this specific site (wich is not true) :?:
- with "open in new tab" the page is not shown properly (new URL: http://guide.theriansaga.net/index.php?target=skills&lang=de )
- because German tends to be a language with pretty long words, there are some display issues due to translation ("Verbrauchsgegenstände")

:idea: with this version it is harder to send other people links to stuff they are searching like "woodworking" because its all the same page ".../guide/ and not like ".../guide/woodwork/". Not necessary, but nice to have :roll:

I think some of this comes from this "page in page" layouting. will this be "forever"?
Martin

Most of the problems goes from frame layout. We will see what can be done.

Balok wrote:Very nice, but quite slow.
What are the icons at the top of some pages supposed to do? Shortcuts to sections? They don't seem to work for me.

Caching is now ON, so it should be faster now.
Links are inpage, have broke from migration. Will try to fix that.

Maniel wrote:Superbe \o/
J'aime bien les couleurs, ça m'évite de fouiller (surtout les gemmes et les plantes) pendant longtemps parce que je ne les trouve pas :lol:
Sinon (merci LaRousse pour le signalement)
Screenshot_1.jpg

Task for making item is stackable, not item itself.

ciguen
Citoyen

Postby ciguen » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 20:58

A big thank you for the new guide (especially to NightCroucher). But ...

I do have already something to critique on: In the German Version under Leadership, the last part where - that is the way I understand it - there are listed companions that are ideal companions for the skill leadership, the heading is confusing. A better translation would be "Begleiter für den Beruf" (not "Handel" - that is in German the same as "commerce" (or even trade - which does have several meanings, I know) but that is not what is meant here - meant here is the best companion for the skill and therefore the better german word would be "Beruf").

Second, the mouse-over picture for the marid in the above list does not list leadership as a skill, it starts with commerce - that might be a little misleading. I actually had to take a look at my marid ingame to confirm (after some discussion in guild) that marid does have leadership.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 21:22

Hello :) for the Marid: it's a really long story.

But now they have Spy and Lead at 0... so the guide doesn't show it. And some players have probably a Marid without that skills (-1 or 0 = not visible).
We will check that next week ;)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

NightCroucher
Bâtisseur

Postby NightCroucher » Fri 09 Feb 2018, 21:44

About translation, here is the source table of it, it was filled by players:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
feel free to fix errors

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sat 10 Feb 2018, 03:19

Guide is good ;)
But there is always something to perfection. Cant find "interest" scores for companions - like we had in old one showing what level of prestige/comfort needed to enable passive works for certain companion. And i guess same values needed to even have companion in recruitment building.
(To devs: in game may be it would be better to show all possible companions for certain building/zone, just make unavailable ones with requirements higher then building provide ?)

UPD: pardon, found interest scores on companion related pages itself. Just needed to go deeper.

Rankos
Bourlingueur

Postby Rankos » Sat 10 Feb 2018, 09:15

ciguen wrote:... A better translation would be "Begleiter für den Beruf" (not "Handel" - that is in German the same as "commerce" (or even trade - which does have several meanings, I know) but that is not what is meant here - meant here is the best companion for the skill and therefore the better german word would be "Beruf").

NightCroucher wrote:About translation, here is the source table of it, it was filled by players

I remember having contributed to that table by e.g. editing this entry to 'Beruf', but its exactly what I expected from my fellow Germans. Some "Besserwisser" edited it back to 'Handel'. :shock:

Return to “Therianblog”