Grimaldaz: another chapter/ Grimaldaz: un autre chapitre

Cloudigger
Mystique
Realm: -

Grimaldaz: another chapter/ Grimaldaz: un autre chapitre

Postby Cloudigger » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 15:54

Hello!

I know you are wondering about the next update and there will be one probably in April. It takes more time than what was expected because I got caught in writing way too long stories. We thought that it was a better idea to deliver the expected update in two or three parts instead of a big one. However, we are not finished yet for the first part, and it still has to be translated and tested. I can, however, tell you it will open three new regions in Grimaldaz, and about 15-20 new sites. It will be more about sandbox gameplay than quests. I will write more when we have a release date.

P.S.: Oh yeah... Almost forgot, we will add new pets available to everyone in this update.

Bonjour!

Je sais que plusieurs d'entre vous se questionnent sur la prochaine MAJ. Elle devrait normalement être présentée en avril, mais cela dépendra de nombreux facteurs dont les tests et la traduction. Nous avons décidé de faire une plus petite MAJ qu'il avait été planifié parce que j'ai commencé à écrire de trop longues histoires et la sortie aurait été trop retardée. Donc, la prochaine MAJ apportera trois nouvelles régions de Grimaldaz et misera surtout sur le jeu en monde ouvert. Il y aura quelques quêtes et une quinzaine de nouveaux sites, mais le gros de l'histoire arrivera dans une ou deux autres MAJ plus tard. Merci de votre compréhension.

PS. Oh! J’ai presque oublié, dans cette MAJ il y aura aussi de nouveaux familiers accessibles pour tous les joueurs.

Cloudigger

nobukita
Citoyen
Realm: Alchimideon

Re: Grimaldaz: another chapter/ Grimaldaz: un autre chapitre

Postby nobukita » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 18:50

Merci pour les informations.

Est-il possible de connaitre dès à présent les régions qui seront débloquées ? La plaine du sud et les deux forêts qui l'encadrent ? La montagne à l'est de Santamau ? Une région qui n'est pas encore dessinée en couleur ?

Tuf
Bâtisseur

Postby Tuf » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 19:32

New companions? New materials & New Skill Limits?

Hardsun
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Hardsun » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 01:53

Stories were always good in TS! Keep up the good work guys!
Pets sounds intresting, but still have to see what exactly it will be - can range from "just another clothing slot" to something very new.
Can we hope for more tips on what "sandbox" means in details, or you want players to die trying when its released ? ;)

And 3 new zones my guess are: plains below Shivering Hills, mountains next to Noworry and ... ?

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 20:44

Tuf wrote:New companions? New materials & New Skill Limits?

Most of it yes, we will let you know the details later.

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 20:45

nobukita wrote:Merci pour les informations.

Est-il possible de connaitre dès à présent les régions qui seront débloquées ? La plaine du sud et les deux forêts qui l'encadrent ? La montagne à l'est de Santamau ? Une région qui n'est pas encore dessinée en couleur ?

Les nouvelles régions seront au sud de ce qui existe déjà au Grimaldaz.

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 20:47

Hardsun wrote:Stories were always good in TS! Keep up the good work guys!
Pets sounds intresting, but still have to see what exactly it will be - can range from "just another clothing slot" to something very new.
Can we hope for more tips on what "sandbox" means in details, or you want players to die trying when its released ? ;)

And 3 new zones my guess are: plains below Shivering Hills, mountains next to Noworry and ... ?

It is the two forrests in the souther part of Grimaldaz and the plain between the forests.

And thanks for the good words =D

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 11:21

Hmm somehow i was looking on those plains/forest as one big area. Thank you for sharing on that point.
Yesterday speculated with a guild member on how "sandbox" might look like for TS - and he said "nooo, more reputation trade ins" :lol:

But we also discussed if random-generated-each-time-new endless dungeon is possible in TS, one life and you go deeper and deeper with progressing enemies levels and probably certain specific loots occationally happening past certain depths .. roguelike hey ! Well, just an idea, intresting what other people would say :)

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 12:01

Hardsun wrote:one life and you go deeper and deeper with progressing enemies levels and probably certain specific loots occationally happening past certain depths .. roguelike hey !

Like Garrun'gol ?
Gargkul : Grey (5 of/def) at the beginning of the dungeon, then Blue and Yellow Gargkul (10of / 15def)... and Black (15/15) and White (20/20) at the end of the dungeon.
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 13:31

Nope with randomized sets of enemies / floors layout. I could not think out how/if its possible to make whole floor architecture layout randomized in TS - might be hard and saving data on server will take its toll. And game engine most likely cant do that at all...

But it should be possible to make it simply as a number of rooms (think lift that going down and open its doors on each floor with room space similar to "rooms" @ Dreamy Clearing). As it going deeper skill checks for possible activity and combat becoming progressively harder. Solving current floor lets you go deeper (so server side will need to randomly generate and save only data for current level player reached) - and to make it something more intresting then just number of progressing fights - will need to add a lot of details and "surprises" both good and bad ones, skill check chains itc ... that may happen more or less often. And some kind of predesigned quests/story can be there as well ofc.

Another approach - probably good example would be dungeoncrawler called Demise: Rise of the Ku'tan, only difference it had predesigned dungeon levels architecture, yet like 90% rooms content was randomized over time with enemies and traps taking in concideration depth level (for mmo rng can be done on personal level separate for each player or can be done for dungeon as whole just changing rooms content over time). And some rooms had more static stuff being story related / or some location properly related content.
This approach might be good bcse its not 100% random and player keep feeling of exploring dungeon being actualy usefull at least to see its architecture, secret passages itc ... while random content helps to keep feeling it as some new adventure every time.

Erm ... gone longer then ive expected it to be :)

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 14:23

Hardsun wrote:I could not think out how/if its possible to make whole floor architecture layout randomized in TS - might be hard and saving data on server will take its toll. And game engine most likely cant do that at all...

;)
Interesting ideas, but not for Therian Saga.
---

Giray
Bourlingueur
Realm: Hipporiel

Postby Giray » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 16:37

Ale moglibyście zdobić gildyjne instancje :) Razem z bossami :)
Gildia buduje wejście do podziemi czy lochów, z możliwością jego pogłębienia, co z kolei da dostęp do trudniejszej instancji. Oczywiście aby uzyskać możliwość budowania należałoby najpierw wykonać pewne zadanie w siedzibie gildii, a później rozbudować samo wejście do tej instancji.
Loot i potwory byłyby zależne od krainy, w której się owa instancja znajduje, czyli inne w Falkonii czy Nordii albo w Lanfar czy Jaskiniach. Podobnie jak surowce potrzebne do zbudowania.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:19

There is "ideas" section to talk about.... ideas ;)
---

Tiny Hippo
Bourlingueur
Realm: Tortolion

Postby Tiny Hippo » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:51

Good news!
Cloudigger wrote: It takes more time than what was expected because I got caught in writing way too long stories.

I love the way you do. Keep going on ;) Someone only looks at skills check. But many of us, as me, love to read storyline you put inside your game, i think it's game's soul.
I'm not rude to you, I'm just hurtful
:lol:

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:58

Tiny Hippo wrote:Good news!
Cloudigger wrote: It takes more time than what was expected because I got caught in writing way too long stories.

I love way you do. Keep going on ;) Someone only looks at skills check. But many of us, as me, love to read storyline you put inside your game, i think it's game's soul.

Thank you !

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 20:38

Céline wrote:There is "ideas" section to talk about.... ideas ;)

"home is where the heart is" :lol:

Nilrem
Emperator
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Nilrem » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 21:14

J'aime toujours bien les maj, les nouvelles histoires, les nouvelles ressources, les nouveaux territoires etc..bravo à vous.
Juste une question, ces trois. nouveaux territoires sont encore en Grimaldaz? j'avais l'impression que c'était déjà Parakonia sur la carte....
NIL ARC-EN-CIEL

:D

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 22:21

Qui sait ce qui a pu se passer dans le sud entre le moment où les premiers explorateurs ont fait les relevés pour leurs cartes et notre arrivée dans cette région ;) Les frontières sur une carte, c'est un cliché à un moment dans l'Histoire. Quand ce n'est pas juste l'imagination du cartographe ou ses rêves les plus délirants...
---

Nilrem
Emperator
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Nilrem » Sat 03 Mar 2018, 15:37

Lol évidemment. Y a qu'en Belgique que les déplacements de frontières de la sorte pourraient amener de sérieux troubles en raison du droit du sol et autres joyeusetés qui n'existent heureusement pas dans le monde therianique
NIL ARC-EN-CIEL

:D

Cosette
Citoyen

Postby Cosette » Fri 09 Mar 2018, 14:53

Cloudigger wrote:Hello!
... It will be more about sandbox gameplay than quests. I will write more when we have a release date. ...

This part has my ears perked up! Looking forward to more information on how you will be making this more sandbox then Fed-Ex / Quest oriented.

Return to “Therianblog”