Please move or let me know if this is not the appropriate location to post.
<Cross posted from the Therian Saga Steam Discussion board>
Upon further thought, there are other unaddressed QoL feature requests that would fit in well here. I'll outline a few suggestions, almost exclusively from other players. Please note these features can enhance the players desires to pay the devs to merge to a single premium account , such as:
premium alt shared access:
- shared home inventory (similar to guild banks)
- profession chests
- mail system for quickly mailing multiple groups of friends/alts, similar to guild mail all
- pretty much any improvement to the mail system GUI ingame (closes/resets email when keys pressed, text becomes unselectable/can't see text cursor, too easy to walk away from mailbox with unsent email up)
- double clicking a home or guild outpost near a regional border traversing coordinate on the map should summon the queue travel window as is what happens at all npc locations (currently, the second click itc puts a camp on the vertex coordinate just next to the home/outpost, so it changes focus from the location, instead of asking to travel there as expected)
- clickable urls in chat / email / guild messages
- ability to copy less text than the entire line of chat with name & timestamp
- list of keyboard hotkeys
- queue preview at login
- show queue-end local time of day
- inventory solution for wings
- inventory solution for keys
- profession chest inventory check for quest requirements, artifact id, spy tasks, etc. (currently items have to be in the satchel which doesn't refresh upon withdrawal)
- review-able recipes unlocked list, other than the crafting window (doesn't necessarily have to show locked items)
- review-able concession facilities w/o queuing travel there - same in guild outposts
- concession management for stored companions & passive harvesting companions
- longer guild activity logs
- guild memberlist sorting options
- guild member skills lists
- guild outpost blackboard messages
- personal home or personal hero blackboard messages
- firewood from log plank woodcutting, similar to sand from lump block stonecutting
Code: Select all
my original Steam post follows:
(herzogisagod) New rules: We decided to put a new limit on the number of non premium accounts a player can have. This limit is 15.
The reasoning given behind the inability to cross between Steam & web client accounts was:
(Falkarma) the reason we will not do it is because it is the exact same game, with the same servers.
I have involuntarily spent some amount of mental energy on this issue, so decided it's time to lay out. I greatly appreciate any feedback or consideration.
@Falkarma , This is not even a logically sound or satisfactory reasoning, as it arbitrarily & strictly limits many players from a simple task - which is available to the other players - just because of how they created a particular hero. If it is really that simple, just implement Steam crossings and be done with it. 'Same game, same server' sounds to me like perfect reasoning that these players should have never been separated in the first place. I cannot describe how frustrating that reasoning is.
It was never really clear to new players at Steam launch what the benefits of a premium account were, in the context of alts. I understand it has been stated that you want the player to discover features without being advertised, & I respect that, but I can find nowhere in the Shop that even mentions the perks such as sleep readiness. Also the Upgrades section says "allow a character..." so the only mention of multi-hero shared perks is on the Crossing description itself.
Many Steam players have created multiple web client alt accounts - at least a few of which are singular hero premium alt accounts, which is such a waste of time and money. Had they known otherwise, do you really think they would have created alt accounts and double/triple/whatever paid for upgrades? If their mains weren't Steam accounts, do you really think they'd upgrade those alt accounts without merging? Why should they be forced into that corner? It has also been stated that you don't want to "trick" players into paying extra, but this is an issue that many players have fallen into unknowingly... Hilariously, without these alts, there would be virtually no population or productivity on the server... Why not make it easier on those players?
If these particular players were allowed account mergers & the ability to create shared homes; I would imagine both that the developer revenue, as well as the server productivity, would see a nice little boost. The steam community benefits can also bring in precious server population growth... This should be good for everyone.
Furthermore, I would like to call attention to the one year anniversary of the Steam launch, the launch of the youngest server, wherein there were no events, just a silent passover with not a single word from the developers... AND attention aswell to the year-long-abandoned crossover discussion right here on this board... Y'all hate Steam or somethin? On the Steam Store page for Therian Saga right now it says: Devs: We are close to the players and you can discuss the future of the game with us.
Yet this is this most requested feature I have seen, and there is no attention on it.
I saw Falkarma on Loucantar once, he was just rebooting the server. I sent a friend request which still exists. xD Reeeeeeeal close to the players, eh? :-v
- add ability to use crossing to add free web client account heroes to premium STEAM account
- add ability to add steam account heroes to web client or another steam account? (Mac?)
- stacking perks (if both accounts had an extra companion, now both heroes get 2 extra, up to 4 - so that such players don't feel they're wasting money)
- if stacking two maxed accounts would produce Blue Crown rollover reimbursement or not?
- raise premium account cap to 15 heroes / server ...(maybe stepped upgrades to 10 then 15)
(it has been stated that the max free web heroes to one player is 15 - then why premium is 5?)
- higher character cap would be a big thanks you could give to veteran players
- if 15 heroes sharing homes is out of the question, make it so you can choose which 5 heroes will have access instead... or please just give a real reason why any of this should not exist ingame.
- client auto-update is actually a huge QoL advantage
- Steam library has pre-client dev news feed for updates, outages, etc.
- Steam friends list gives pre-client, friends' online status, can bring new players
- Steam migration can cause game stats to rise & new players to discover game
- Steam accounts can give game ratings, which can also increase server population
- Steam purchases can be made pre-client
- Steam achievements???? would be more free advertising to other Steam users
- in order for players with established premium web client account to choose to enjoy these small perks, why not make already premium accounts have a way to perform a free crossing into a Steam account
And finally, I noticed that any time I install Steam to a new PC, I have to go to the store & search the game every time, as it doesn't seem to come into my library as my other games do. Why should it be so hard for a Steam user to connect? Is it just because I haven't purchased? Won't do it until Steam Crossings. Using total 10 free accounts, I have pushed my free Steam hero into Norstria (mcuhas gracias to guild), also used Halloween event and public market BC to upgrade some minor perks.
Basically, if the devs would let this happen, I would immediately purchase & max out the account with real money. 15x Heroes, 4x Sheaths, Satchels, Utility belts; 4x additional Tasks, Companions, Market slots; Home Keys & Personal & Guild Mailboxes & Shesel Al's in every territory or region... Personally, if you all were able to afford the "Crossing" luxury to Steam users to (imagine this:) "CROSS" platform accounts (no 'server' crossing, merging, or public market rehaul necessary; as some have suggested), I would also be more inclined to regularly or sporadically purchase Imperial Consumables. Every single facet of this profits the devs, progresses the server, & boosts the population...
On the other hand, you have surely lost players due to this extraneous barricade, & sometimes when I think about it, I want to just quit completely & not give it a chance to be implemented... Still could happen...
Just sayin. So now you can see why I spent all that mental energy at nights and in the shower, because I can't make good sense of the whole thing being such a bother to the devs.
Thank you for any concern & deliberation regarding this matter.
Code: Select all
& a big thanks for anyone who stuck with me there :-v