Owl is Dead

gibsont01
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Owl is Dead

Postby gibsont01 » Sun 22 May 2016, 19:35

Morlop wrote:
gibsont01 wrote:
99% of the time, if you get hit in the same piece of armor twice, you are dead.
Read my post above about the fight, to see what my strategy was.

Yep I read your strategy, I am just unsure if armor is even that important (except for avoiding the small owls) if dying when getting hit in the same spot is pretty much garantied anyways... ;D

By the way did anyone get close to building one of those armor pieces? If my suspicions are right helmet would only get around 58/56/55 stats... which would be disappointed.. please prove me wrong!!!

Just need two more beaks and i'll provide you with stats of all armor pieces :)

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Mon 30 May 2016, 19:26

Woot Woot ( or should I say Hoot Hoot? :D )

I did some more training... got 97 effective and killed the beasty 2nd try

KilledTheOwl_1.jpg
KilledTheOwl_1.jpg (153.46 KiB) Viewed 14411 times

As you can see I was super lucky with hitting it same spot :) I did crit him for 24 dmg but most was 10-14
the second bar got hidden in my exitement but it was only around 90%

and here's the loot

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 20.23.10.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 20.23.10.jpg (29.39 KiB) Viewed 14411 times

and no achievement... lol. You can get an achievement for killing the Albino Snake... bit not the Felegron Beast Owl loool
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Mon 30 May 2016, 19:51

Very nice indeed, the first of many i'm sure \o/

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Mon 30 May 2016, 21:17

Coastis wrote:Very nice indeed, the first of many i'm sure \o/

Thanks, but not sure about 'first of many' lol... I died x10 times afterwards :D Poisons ran out so ran away screaming :o :o :o

From memory these lucky things happened in the one fight I did win...

Owl rolled a -3 pierce defence... which meant I hit him once for 24 dmg and most of the time 10+
I was lucky with were I hit him... all but one hit on the same spot
2 of his 3 buddies didn't have sheilds
none of his buddies had dmg buff
I killed his buddies fast and before my x3 buff companions died which meant my boar got 3 hits in as well as me.
Owl rolled a 0 pierce att and he didn't crit me... I was lucky with the spread of dmg and got close to killing him before he hit me for the 3rd time
In following fights, the beast hit me for 130+ criticals... or his buddies who were buffed hit me in a spot the owl had just got me and their 15 dmg killed me.

I think even buffed up to the max with stats / runic pot / poisons ( even demonic / tickpick one ) etc you're still looking at less than 5% chance of getting the pesky beasty

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Tue 31 May 2016, 01:37

Woody wrote:

Thanks, but not sure about 'first of many' lol... I died x10 times afterwards :D Poisons ran out so ran away screaming :o :o :o

Owl rolled a -3 pierce defence... which meant I hit him once for 24 dmg and most of the time 10+
I killed his buddies fast and before my x3 buff companions died which meant my boar got 3 hits in as well as me.
Owl rolled a 0 pierce att and he didn't crit me... I was lucky with the spread of dmg and got close to killing him before he hit me for the 3rd time
In following fights, the beast hit me for 130+ criticals... or his buddies who were buffed hit me in a spot the owl had just got me and their 15 dmg killed me.

I think even buffed up to the max with stats / runic pot / poisons ( even demonic / tickpick one ) etc you're still looking at less than 5% chance of getting the pesky beasty

Hell Yah! I knew it was your time. MOJ for the win! That's 2 beaks now!

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Tue 31 May 2016, 01:49

Woody wrote:

Ah well, you know what they say, 11th (12th?) time's a charm! :D

aknoth
Bâtisseur

Postby aknoth » Tue 31 May 2016, 05:24

Any advice for combat skill training ?

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Tue 31 May 2016, 11:26

aknoth wrote:Any advice for combat skill training ?

Sure :)

you can get all off / def to 78 via the guild arena route... ending with White Arena.

To get 88 / 88 slash defence you can get a buddy to smash your face in, in Hawk normal arena. With a 83 boar. Although I'm not sure you want super high slash defence.... As I stopped at 88 / 85 and am having trouble swinging the owl over to hit me with slash due to high slash def and only 88 / 78 pierce def. You might want to just train pierce and leave slash alone. Using the new astrishield with high pierce def to help swing it to slash.

To train pierce offence is kind off brutal. You need to get 4 companion blunt tanks. I used Golem Monster, Eternal Hiker, Vulawang and Hipporage ( the combat one ) as well as taking Rowan for his pierce offence and Urban boost. Then you drop all weapons apart from 66 bow... equip highest blunt armour, urban ring, pierce offence talisman... drink highest pierce coord pot u got and head for the Watchmaker.... Repeatily suicide yourself against watchmaker... hoping for 93 pierce defence rng roles. With this technique and a SH*T TON of BC you can theoretically get to 100 / 100 pierce attack... I'm currently at 97 / 97 after 3 sessions ( spanning 5 months and each costing around 400-500 BC ) I know Merumi ( gibson01 ) was extreeeeeeemely lucky to get to 99 / 96 with just 1 or 2 sessions...

Basically going against the Owl and training for it... is costly in terms of BC. ;)

The next thing for me is to do one or two more sessions against WM to try and up my pierce attack even more. I will look into making Kroc / Knod slash harnois and see if I can swing the owl to hit me on slash using the highest slash defence membrane, pots I can. I will also look into upgrading my standard poison set up from Walhein / Necrofluid to Demonic / Tickpick or whatever rounds me up to the highest pierce attack... even then I don't hold out much hope of being able to kill the owl daily. :D

aknoth
Bâtisseur

Postby aknoth » Tue 31 May 2016, 12:17

Thanks.

I understand that it is a really big investment in time but also in BC... Maybe I will wait until grey and black arenas will be released (if Devs intend to, of course).

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Tue 31 May 2016, 13:55

Note for the first set of pierce training you can use alchimedeon too. Not sure if its cheaper since its lower skill (83 max) but you dont need to spend pheonix elixirs since no one dies against him.

Gopol
Mystique
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Gopol » Tue 31 May 2016, 15:06

Morlop wrote:By the way did anyone get close to building one of those armor pieces? If my suspicions are right helmet would only get around 58/56/55 stats... which would be disappointed.. please prove me wrong!!!

My simulator tells me 64/65/63 for the boots.

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Tue 31 May 2016, 15:11

Gopol wrote:
Morlop wrote:By the way did anyone get close to building one of those armor pieces? If my suspicions are right helmet would only get around 58/56/55 stats... which would be disappointed.. please prove me wrong!!!

My simulator tells me 64/65/63 for the boots.

That seems pretty good.
Any idea what gauntlets would get?

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Tue 31 May 2016, 15:18

gibsont01 wrote:That seems pretty good.

Hum, I do not see any gauntlets using scales in the guide so I don't know what recipe you are refering to.

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Tue 31 May 2016, 15:26

Gopol wrote:
gibsont01 wrote:That seems pretty good.

Hum, I do not see any gauntlets using scales in the guide so I don't know what recipe you are refering to.

Sorry, I meant scale arms.

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Tue 31 May 2016, 15:34

Scale Arms, legs and bootsz all have the same base according to the guide so they should all give 64/65/63

Helm and chest should give 66/66/64

With nocturial leather of course, you wouldn't use anything else with predatoris scales.

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Tue 31 May 2016, 17:15

woot wooot woot wooot woot wooot woot wooot woot wooot woot wooot woot wooot woot wooot

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Tue 31 May 2016, 23:15

Nah he looked more like this :

OwlyNotHappy.jpg
OwlyNotHappy.jpg (44.18 KiB) Viewed 14181 times

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Wed 01 Jun 2016, 01:18

Woody wrote:Nah he looked more like this :

OwlyNotHappy.jpg

This is what I see:
https://media4.giphy.com/media/pP9mqMOj2eY5a/100.gif

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:25

my gratz to Woody as well for his kill :D

I do not find the armor parts so magnificent for the effort they need. You get an all around good armor, but a 70 pierce armor may still be better at some fights. Maybe a 60s-70s-60s armor set would be more awarding.

On the other hand, since killing the Owl is a bit of a premium account result at the moment, it may be good for the balance of the game to not give an overwhelming advantage to non-premium players

kaminoki
Bourlingueur

Postby kaminoki » Wed 01 Jun 2016, 13:48

To get 88 / 88 slash defence you can get a buddy to smash your face in, in Hawk normal arena. With a 83 boar. Although I'm not sure you want super high slash defence.... As I stopped at 88 / 85 and am having trouble swinging the owl over to hit me with slash due to high slash def and only 88 / 78 pierce def. You might want to just train pierce and leave slash alone. Using the new astrishield with high pierce def to help swing it to slash.

why not your opponnent ?
after trying to up against wm my op is 85 with potion

Return to “Lanfar”