Bug report: Unable to craft an item

Aristance
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Bug report: Unable to craft an item

Postby Aristance » Mon 10 Oct 2016, 00:31

I have tried twice to craft an Exceptional Goldnester Lankarian blouse, and both times I received the report, "You were not able to craft the item." I got back the materials used in the attempt, but I do not see any reason I should not have been able to craft the item either time.

Details: The difficulty for the blouse is 72; my skill is 68.1 [Hero 71.5 > 28.6; Superior Kryamane Runic Scissors 64 > 19.2; Fashion House 54 > 10.8; Modiste 47 >4.7; Spirit Bracelet 4.8] so I used a Meticulousness Potion with 4.2 Sewing bonus. After the potion, my skill was 72.3, and I could begin crafting. When I came back after the required 6:35:50 time, I had the "You were unable to craft the item" message. I am working at a shared site, but I have followed exactly this process countless numbers of times at this location, but not for this specific combination. Both times I tried it, it failed. I did not move, I did not change what items I had equipped, I did not do anything except attempt to craft then sleep. I see no reason for this failure.

Can anyone provide guidance or explanation?

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Re: Bug report: Unable to craft an item

Postby Aeschylus » Mon 10 Oct 2016, 00:42

You most likely switched bracelets or necklaces for some reason and forgot about it -- lowering your skill/strength beyond what's necessary to craft something via unequipping tools or jewelry is what causes that to happen. Unless there's some weird bug with shared homes that hasn't been noticed by anyone else yet.

Aristance
Citoyen

Postby Aristance » Mon 10 Oct 2016, 00:59

Nope, I was very careful. Nothing changed, especially the second time since I thought I might have done that inadvertently the first time. Queued the craft and sleep, nothing else at all.

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Mon 10 Oct 2016, 03:15

mhm no explanation from me... no idea what happened there :shock:

You might want to write to support@virtys.com , not sure if they can check what happened if you provide your char name and time when this occured, but it's worth a try.

Astral
Citoyen
Realm: -

Postby Astral » Mon 10 Oct 2016, 05:59

Wrong numbers in Silverlight on Mac.

Aristance
Citoyen

Postby Aristance » Tue 11 Oct 2016, 12:45

Astral wrote:

Wrong numbers in Silverlight on Mac.

Unfortunately, not a Mac. All the numbers seem correct, and I am using a PC.

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Tue 11 Oct 2016, 14:12

Morlop wrote:mhm no explanation from me... no idea what happened there :shock:

You might want to write to support@virtys.com , not sure if they can check what happened if you provide your char name and time when this occured, but it's worth a try.

Do that but send us print screens of what happen exactly.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Tue 11 Oct 2016, 14:23

Hi,
(sorry for my so bad english, hem).

Did you queued something before taking the potion ? If yes and if takes more time than the during of the potion, she won't be effective when the craft of your blouse begin :/

For exemple :
- 6hours collecting wood
- potion + sleeping (or sleeping + potion)
- craft a blouse
-> the potion will begin at the next collecting task. And won't be take into account when the craft begins :?
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Aristance
Citoyen

Postby Aristance » Tue 11 Oct 2016, 23:40

Céline wrote:Hi,
(sorry for my so bad english, hem).

Did you queued something before taking the potion ? If yes and if takes more time than the during of the potion, she won't be effective when the craft of your blouse begin :/

For exemple :
- 6hours collecting wood
- potion + sleeping (or sleeping + potion)
- craft a blouse
-> the potion will begin at the next collecting task. And won't be take into account when the craft begins :?

The potion was taken directly before crafting the blouse in the queue. The first time, it was part of a longer queue, the second time it was the only task: craft then sleep.

Aristance
Citoyen

Postby Aristance » Tue 11 Oct 2016, 23:56

Cloudigger wrote:
Morlop wrote:mhm no explanation from me... no idea what happened there :shock:

Do that but send us print screens of what happen exactly.

I don't have my task queue with a screen capture, but this is the message I got. I have crafted a lot of things this way, and there seems to be no real reason why it failed, particularly twice.
Attachments
unable_to_craft_Lankarian_blouse_1.png
unable_to_craft_Lankarian_blouse_1.png (499.19 KiB) Viewed 9646 times

Aristance
Citoyen

Postby Aristance » Wed 12 Oct 2016, 00:21

I'm trying again:
Attachments
attempt_3_craft_Lankarian_blouse.jpg
attempt_3_craft_Lankarian_blouse.jpg (114.99 KiB) Viewed 9644 times

Gopol
Mystique
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Gopol » Wed 12 Oct 2016, 09:17

Computing by hand the difficulty :

Lank blouse : 49
Golnester immuab. : 42
So in normal quality : 49 + 42 - 49*42 / 100 = 70,42 -> 70 (no rounding risk here)

Exceptionnal quality diff modifier : 7,5
So your blouse in excpetionnal quality : 70 + 7,5 - 70 * 7,5 / 100 = 72,25 -> 72 (no rounding risk either)

So it shouldn't be a rounding issue.

Gopol
Mystique
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Gopol » Wed 12 Oct 2016, 09:24

The potion was taken directly before crafting the blouse in the queue. The first time, it was part of a longer queue, the second time it was the only task: craft then sleep.

This is a known and annoying bug : if you take a potion while you already have a program, the time displayed for the potion is wrong. It should be reduced by the duration of most of the actions in front of it (all actions except sleep I think) but it isn't. (This has been reported multiple times already)

Still, when those actions in front are resolved, the time left on the potion will be reduced and some or all of the actions that the potion was intended for will fail.

A secondary problem occurs when actions fails when you have a potion in that the time left for the potion will be re-credited on the server but not on the client and you will have to craft or move for about as long as the time of the failed actions for the potion to clear out on the server so that you can take a new potion.

It has worked for you before because it all depends on the duration of your potion, the duration of the actions already programmed and the nature of the actions already programmed.

As a rule, if you don't want to calculate times by hand, you shouldn't use a potion (except heal/regen) if you already have programmed actions other than sleep.

There is also a secondary (much smaller) risk with automatic combats in the wild. Each such combat will reduce about 2min from your potions and since those combats are unscheduled, that reduction cannot be taken into account when you make your program.

Aristance
Citoyen

Postby Aristance » Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:29

This time it worked.

Thanks for the long explanation on potion times - I knew some of that but not all of it. That could have applied the first time, but it should not have applied the second time, which is why I tried it again.

I dropped a note to support, so hopefully they can investigate and see what was up with the second cycle, and possibly the first.

Return to “Support and bugs reports”