What the difference between Brooch and a ring?

Conan's Might
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

What the difference between Brooch and a ring?

Postby Conan's Might » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 16:49

As the title says whats the main difference between a brooch and a ring/ pendant?

Do Brooch's give a bigger bonus?

Maracor
Emperator

Re: What the difference between Brooch and a ring?

Postby Maracor » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 19:00

Rings and pendants only use one piece in addition to the gem (the mount). Brooches additionally require a clasp. Where jewels give bonuses to more than one skill, the use of two pieces gives the possibility of improving more than one of them. Three-piece jewels (necklaces and bracelets) give even more versatility.

Torrey
Citoyen

Postby Torrey » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 19:33

also brooches and necklaces (and pendants?) are worn on the neck - the upper slot also used by talismans. rings and bracelets are worn on the hand, one of the slots used for tools. That way, you can wear one jewel to boost one skill and a different kind of jewel to boost a different skiil (skills don't stack so only the highest one is used.) I use a brooch to boost terrain and a bracelet or ring to boost a different skill, like exploring.

Conan's Might
Citoyen

Postby Conan's Might » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 21:36

Brill thanks for the replies!

Conan's Might
Citoyen

Postby Conan's Might » Sun 08 Jul 2018, 07:07

Is there any guide as to which materials give the biggest bonuses to jewelry?

Thanks!

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Sun 08 Jul 2018, 07:32

I use this one : http://theriansim.com/bijoux.php
As skills on a gem doesn't use the same "component skill", it works by skill. It's your work to choose the best components (easy for a 3skills gem, more complicated for a 6skills gem → you can't have the best score everywhere).
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Sun 08 Jul 2018, 15:04

I have a set of terrain bracelets and a set of terrain necklaces. This way, if I need to boost terrain and a crafting skill (all my crafting jewelry is bracelets) I can use the necklace for terrain and the bracelet for crafting. This has helped me complete quest steps more than once. But, if I am exploring and wish to use an emperator or other neck slot item, then I use the bracelet slot for the terrain.

I certainly could have made necklaces for skills, and avoided this. But bracelets are much easier to tell apart than other forms of jewelry, at least for me, because they are entirely gem colored. Necklaces just have little dots of gem color, so long ago I decided to go with bracelets for crafting. I'm switching crafting jewelry much more often than terrain jewelry.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Return to “General”