subject derived from owl cookbook

Hardsun
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Owl cookbook

Postby Hardsun » Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:59

Tiny Hippo wrote:This strategy is not new in games.

I agree, but always see it as bad design when games dont have many other options in endgame. Well, game feels like WoW with its progression ladder and not like we got much to do except end boss killing in very endgame.

nobukita
Citoyen
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby nobukita » Tue 04 Sep 2018, 13:31

WOW ! What ? This game is not like WoW ? :o
That's surprising ! What a revelation ! :shock:
Are you sure ? :shock:

:lol: Thank you man, you made my day :lol:

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Tue 04 Sep 2018, 13:37

Too much sarcasm with no points.
Point was to show we got not much else to do outside of progression ladder content (wich is similar to WoW core idea, with each addon providing same expirience-wise content just with higher numerical limits), wish we would have more out of progression ladder activity ... kind of.

nobukita
Citoyen
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby nobukita » Tue 04 Sep 2018, 14:09

If: Good Job ! Try to made such character but I haven't enough determination (my "boss" character sleep for monthsà.
Thank you for sharing. That gives me some hints to continue my big-boss-character. And a lot of motivation !

Hardsun :
And my points were :
- why compare things so different in terms of content, means, etc ?
- why keep playing if the design is bad ?
- and especially : why criticize the game design when you play totally

I'm not sure that the "designers" idea was that players create a highly specialized character for big boss
But if some players like to do it, why not ?

Tiny Hippo
Bourlingueur
Realm: Tortolion

Postby Tiny Hippo » Tue 04 Sep 2018, 19:57

nobukita wrote:But if some players like to do it, why not ?

Agree. I think this is the part of game "engine": dev's create some "problems" and we in search of solutions. And there is nothing wrong with the fact that the players found such a solution.

/ps/Moreover, If didn't create an uberbuild, but a narrow-profile character.
I'm not rude to you, I'm just hurtful
:lol:

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Tue 04 Sep 2018, 20:23

nobukita wrote:Hardsun :
And my points were :
- why compare things so different in terms of content, means, etc ?
- why keep playing if the design is bad ?
- and especially : why criticize the game design when you play totally

I'm not sure that the "designers" idea was that players create a highly specialized character for big boss
But if some players like to do it, why not ?

They are not that different if you take core of both game designs - its progression content ladder with not much outside that. Its not bad by itself - but when people consume all that you got for them there are not much else to do until next big update (aka game cant hold most veterans for really long). And gameplay expirience is quite straightforward in this case. While player progression probably always be an important part of any mmo - its less of a thing for the games with sandbox elements or deeper side activity and stronger social gameplay where those become core of the game and not progression.

I play TS bcse i like the game and criticize in same time because i want it to be better. :) At least things i see as flaws and such - its all imho and i might be wrong in something but thats how i feel.

angryplayer
Citoyen
Realm: -

Postby angryplayer » Thu 06 Sep 2018, 14:33

Hardsun- you arent even at endgame. you have no palace. you have no galandor demonic armor, you have no runic machines... you have enough content for 6+ months... the owl should not even be considered by you in the first place... i have almost all the above things.. and i still have so much left to do.. also, the owl was killed before the strange lady was even put into the game... its rare, hard, takes a lot of luck, but still possible. my point being, there are obvious different ways to kill the owl.. one is just better... like it is in almost every single game there is..

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 07 Sep 2018, 12:04

Ok, nothing is perfect, but Ive got one simple question - if all prefer to think everything is good about game and criticizing being taboo - why we had [ziiip ; unreal figure] online at start and now we got like 20-30? What game aspects leads people to leave instead of staying ? Would not both players and devs profit from higher population ?

Moderation : don't use false figure to try to start a debate.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Fri 07 Sep 2018, 12:10

@Hardsun : viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5012&p=30113
Paragraph about retention and acquisition.
And stop trolling this post, population is absolutly not the subject (or maybe the owl population in Myriaden...)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 07 Sep 2018, 12:34

Hi Celine, i do not agree with that topic - its hard to call good acquisition skill when you loosing like 80% of people who played several months (means it was people who liked the game and have played more then couple of days - "why they leave?" would be a good question).

In same time i cant denie you guys got small but good and dedicated community lasting for years, me included - and thats a "wyvern crown" by itself ;)
And i was not trolling in any mean. Wont be posting anymore, sorry for going this so much offtopic.

Tiny Hippo
Bourlingueur
Realm: Tortolion

Re: subject derived from owl cookbook

Postby Tiny Hippo » Fri 07 Sep 2018, 18:45

Hardsun, it's unclear why you're indignant and arguing. All games die, sooner or later, no matter how good they are. And they know their mistakes themselves, about which Falk's sincerely wrote here. A stitch in time saves nine, that's true, but your criticism is non-constructive and irrational. What do you want ? To get them back in time and change everything or use a magic wand? Over the past year, they have done a lot of work on the content of the game, dont be ungrateful (especially if the angryplayer told the truth) ;)
I'm not rude to you, I'm just hurtful
:lol:

Return to “General”