Steam Crossing

Brandish
Citoyen
Realm: Nostria

Steam Crossing

Postby Brandish » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 03:39

Summoning devs, specifically Falkarma :)
Subject: raising account hero number cap to 15, allowing client -> Steam hero crossing to merge accounts

There was some brief discussion of this some time ago and I am just touching base.

if you started on steam, assuming you have a main hero on your steam account, if you want alts, you have 2 options:
-to share perks or homes/machines with them, you must start them by purchasing hero crossing with blue crowns. 5 max per account regardless if it is a steam or client account.
-create a new free client account (independent from steam and your main hero/s). 15 max per player.

so my request is because i have a main hero on a steam account, as well as several well used free standing client accounts and i want the ability to purchase a crossing to import them into my steam account as alts and share perks.

as far as i can tell, you can merge client accounts together in this way and share alt perks, but not steam. so it would be dumb for me to merge client alts together and still be isolated from sharing perks with my main.

original thread:
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=4918

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Steam Crossing

Postby Laerities/Volund » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 03:46

Can you log into the Browser form and access account functions to move characters over? I have never played on the steam platform for Therian however I have moved many characters from other accounts over through the browser > account > transfer characters/accounts. I've never used the steam so maybe if you create a steam account you can't access the browser...

If you make a steam account and can't access it via browser that would be kind of crappy :s
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Ambrielle
Emperator

Postby Ambrielle » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 14:19

The 15 hero per account option would be really useful. I knew I remembered it being discussed somewhere. All my accounts have the upgrades (companions, bags, weapon slots etc) but being able to have all my toons use all the shared homes on my "main" account would be great.

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Postby Falkarma » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 14:41

Hi,

Yes, we checked the possibility to raise the cap to 15 heroes per account, it's working as far as we know, but we would need to have a way to connect to the website using the Steam account to allow transfer, so far it's the missing part of the puzzle.

We had a few balancing problem also, changing a fundamental number like this could impact many players who have paid for many accounts and all. We know it won't be a universally liked change for old players.

Please give us your opinion on this change, having a lot of feedback will surely help us decide what to do.

Bests,
Falk
Therian Saga

Ambrielle
Emperator

Postby Ambrielle » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 15:15

Falkarma wrote:Please give us your opinion on this change, having a lot of feedback will surely help us decide what to do.

As I said above, I would like it.

So you know my status with this game, I have four accounts and all accounts have all the upgrades, only one account (my facebook account) has a lot of shared homes though . I think I have 17 or 18 heroes between all the accounts and would be happy to leave one hero one each of the other accounts. The shared homes would be the main benefit for me.

Also happy to buy all the crossings I would need to move the heroes.

Nina
Traducteur

Postby Nina » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 17:59

Yes, yes, yes! To having 15 toons per account! I absolutely LOVE this idea and have been anxiously awaiting news on it.

For people who feel they are losing out on the upgrades they purchased for each account, they don't need to take advantage of the 15 toon option.
They are welcome to keep things as they are. it wouldn't be a necessity, it would be a choice. When the time comes, I would suggest a rebate on crossings though ;)

Please implement this... like today :P

Nina

guivou
Mystique
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby guivou » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 18:09

i don't think it's a good idea : too much characters on one account plays against guild (ex collect salenceder won't need guild building anymore) , lot of player have less than that or have upgraded other accounts or have developed personal guild (will only give advantages to top players and unbalance game) The consequence may be increased of the number of alt per main and reducing interaction between players (market ...)
ps in my case i won't pay for crossing to join my main account (not so usefull)

Nina
Traducteur

Postby Nina » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 18:24

I don't see how it will affect guilds... We use guilds for things other than collecting mats. Homes give the bonus on Fashionhouse and beastarium etc that guilds don't have. Our guild has a salancedar yard, yet I still have a personal shared concession that has salancedar on a few toons too. I truly don't believe having more toons per account would affect this. Nor do I think it will affect the market.

It's not something that will change the way the game is played, it is something that will make logging in easier, keeping track of accounts easier, and require less keys all around. There is absolutely no effect on guilds or market (except that BC prices might jump around a bit for a limited time depending on the purchase price of crossovers and keys)

Nina

Dorrinda
Citoyen

Postby Dorrinda » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 18:27

Nina wrote:Yes, yes, yes! To having 15 toons per account! I absolutely LOVE this idea and have been anxiously awaiting news on it.

For people who feel they are losing out on the upgrades they purchased for each account, they don't need to take advantage of the 15 toon option.
They are welcome to keep things as they are. it wouldn't be a necessity, it would be a choice. When the time comes, I would suggest a rebate on crossings though ;)

Please implement this... like today :P

Nina

Agree with Nina it is up to the individual player whether they make use of this feature or not.

guivou wrote:i don't think it's a good idea : too much characters on one account plays against guild (ex collect salenceder won't need guild building anymore) , lot of player have less than that or have upgraded other accounts or have developed personal guild (will only give advantages to top players and unbalance game) The consequence may be increased of the number of alt per main and reducing interaction between players (market ...)
ps in my case i won't pay for crossing to join my main account (not so usefull)

Rather than adversely effecting guild, I think it would be positive, with a shared home, players are more likely to be able to put more alts onto gathering materials for guild builds, (which can take months even with all active players participating)

As this is a game without ranking, what does it really matter if it benefits other players more than others? without paying players, the game wouldn't be able to develop.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 18:53

I would like to see more alts added to each account. It should help sales of shared homes, since these will be more valuable. I have no idea what the "correct" number might be, though.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Pandaluv
Défricheur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Pandaluv » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 01:36

I agree. I like the idea of being able to have more alts on one account. I don't have as many alts as a lot of people do, but being able to add more and have them access my shared concessions would be super beneficial.

Brandish
Citoyen

Postby Brandish » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 05:46

Thank you for the feedback.

Please keep in mind the Steam-specific accounts and benefits of the Steam platform. I have hastily outlined points on the thread I linked in the above post.

It should be a player choice whether or not to use steam, but in my case I felt penalized for using it for main given I had a client account for example having completed the spying games achievements for a secret vault recipe. I never realized I could just do this on my main and share spying concession with alts.

Falkarma
Bâtisseur

Postby Falkarma » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:32

Ok, first thing we will check is if we can use an SSO token from Steam to log to our website, I don't think it would be breaking our parnership agreement with Steam, but I will need to check that. That would allow you to see your missing account info like past transactions and the character transfert system.

Then we will decide if we can raise the maximum account number.

I'll add that to my list of work, not sure when exactly but i'll keep you updated :-)
Therian Saga

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 19:06

Guess im a little late to the vote.. I like the idea of having 15 however I really think this will cut into your profits. I like to think im an old player hahaha and I have 4 accounts with upgrades (maybe only 2 or 3 fully) and all of them have at least 2 characters on them. I feel like this would be cheaper for us but then you'd make less money in the long run because instead of having 3 full accounts we could just have one? As a player I love it as a therian supporter with your interests in mind I don't think its a financially good idea.

That's my two cents, either way I'd be happy.
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Brandish
Citoyen

Postby Brandish » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 19:18

One thing I mentioned before is letting merged accounts stack existing perks,
On the other hand, with such a fundamental change to accommodate this ability, I can't say I would be offended if the devs were to adjust or scale pricing accordingly. I just don't know the full dynamics of the system. For example I don't know if tier based account perks would be feasible/helpful depending on number of included alts.

I definitely want to preserve & expand profits for the dev team.

Darkren
Défricheur

Postby Darkren » Thu 29 Nov 2018, 11:55

I'm all for merging steam and non-Steam accounts. It seems to me like most games on Steam that also have their own internal account system are able to work completely independently of Steam. For example, Rift actually installs and uses the publisher's game launcher as-is, which could be just as well installed outside of Steam and used the exact same way.

I myself am using the standalone client, but when my wife started to play, she made her account on Steam. As it stands, she is now locked on Steam, and any time she wants to play Therian Saga (or leave it open), she has to tie up her Steam library so no one else in the household can play her games. Furthermore, she is unable to buy any of the shop bundles on the website because she is restricted to the Steam-TS launcher's shop. It would be great for Steam and non-Steam accounts to be merged, and I hope a balance can be found to overcome the difficulties that poses, but I have to say it would be more than a simple quality-of-life improvement; it would bring TS on par with existing systems.

Brandish
Citoyen

Postby Brandish » Sun 02 Dec 2018, 20:18

Darkren wrote:tie up her Steam library so no one else in the household can play her games.

for what it's worth, have you tried closing out the therian saga "launcher" (keeping Therian Saga game window open) to allow other games to open? I discovered that I am able to run two Therian Saga Steam client accounts at once in this way - close the launcher but keep the game window open, then log into the second Steam account and launch a new one... At this time I am not even considering asking for the ability to merge the second Steam account to my main Steam account, but this is another possibility.

Darkren
Défricheur

Postby Darkren » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 03:26

Brandish wrote:for what it's worth, have you tried closing out the therian saga "launcher" (keeping Therian Saga game window open) to allow other games to open?

Yeah, this seems to be a potential workaround. From my experience, though, starting a game from your library while someone else is using it seems to initiate timer on whoever else is using the library to kick them off, even if the started game is closed out first. Definitely a Steam issue rather than a Therian Saga issue, but being able to play TS on a Steam account outside of the Steam launcher (or being able to merge a Steam account with a non-Steam account) could provide a perfect workaround.

Falkarma
Bâtisseur

Postby Falkarma » Wed 05 Dec 2018, 20:36

Ok, we have a working prototype, it will log you on our website so you can manage your account. Stay tune for the new button in the steam Launcher soon:

SteamWeb.JPG
SteamWeb.JPG (42.59 KiB) Viewed 15017 times
Therian Saga

Euphemia
Citoyen

Postby Euphemia » Thu 06 Dec 2018, 00:09

I am probably one of the players who you think might be angered at the idea of account size of fifteen since I have a lot of accounts each with the sleep advantage and other upgrades. But really why would I be angry? Only if I compared the cost of making three full accounts of five and said to myself, gosh it would have been so much cheaper with one account of fifteen. This is a false comparison and I have no regrets about spending money on the game and no doubt will spend more.

I would say though that the transfer from one account to another feature remains buggy. I've done it a few times and currently you end up sharing concessions with the old account not the new one. Or at least what concessions you shared when you moved accounts you keep and do not gain the concession of the new accounts. This is probably both counter-intuitive and against what was the announced way the concessions work. This change is all about shared concessions when it comes down to it, so before the change I suggest fix the bug or else clarify how the shared concessions work to avoid a lot of disappointment or complaints! Really it could work either way fine but people need to know how it works before buying.

As for the cost of crossings no doubt many BCs will be available free from the seasonal quests coming soon.

Return to “Game”