Double crossings spending

Tuf
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Double crossings spending

Postby Tuf » Wed 19 Jun 2019, 13:09

There are two ways of Crossings usage.
First of them is extra char creation. If Crossing was used such way it create "Place" for a character on account where char can be created. If such char was deleted we can re-create char on it's place.
Another type of usage is to move char from one account A to account B. Also it is consume char's place on account A (it was premium and had more then 1 char before) and we have mentioned "Double crossings spending" because 2 Crossings were consumed in 1 move.
If we move char from not premium account to account B we do move char and also free start place for char.

So i want to ask - is it possible to change crossing behavior to stop consuming char's "places" on account from which char was moved?

Cadyenie
Citoyen
Realm: Lanfar

Re: Double crossings spending

Postby Cadyenie » Wed 19 Jun 2019, 15:01

Crossings don't get consumed to create a space for a character, until a new character is created. Transferred characters have never used 2 crossing in my experience.

Tuf
Bâtisseur

Postby Tuf » Wed 19 Jun 2019, 15:12

In mine was

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Wed 19 Jun 2019, 16:27

It use 1 to create a second (or third... etc) character on the account.
And it use another one if you want to transfer that character to another account.

It doesn't spend 2 if you transfer a character from an account to another if it's the only character on an account.

Idea transmitted. But not sure we can quickely do something for that.
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Tuf
Bâtisseur

Postby Tuf » Sun 30 Jun 2019, 05:58

Will this thing changed sometimes later or it will stay the same as now?
Or it can be solved with support help?

Nobius
Traducteur
Realm: Hipporiel

Postby Nobius » Sun 30 Jun 2019, 06:48

Crossing does not create a 'place' for a new character, it is just consumed while creating new char.

If you move your char from account A to account B, thers no such thing as 'a place' on account A left, to create new character for free.
It always worked like that, thers nothing to correct.

Tuf
Bâtisseur

Postby Tuf » Sun 30 Jun 2019, 07:00

U R mistaken .
After server merge i had 6 chars. Deleted one and created on Agonedus.
It works exactly i described. U can check it if delete char and create one on it's "place" while have no crossings left.
also i was moving chars between accounts about 1.5 year ago and lost about 5-6 char places to create good accounts. so problem rly exist.

Rufio
Citoyen
Realm: Nostria

Postby Rufio » Sun 30 Jun 2019, 08:53

Wait, you mean you deleted one of your six and then created your first character on a different server? Because I'm not sure you need a crossing for the first chr on a server (same way you get first chr without a crossing on your original server). I've only ever played on 1 server but I can try later if that's what you're saying.

In any case if the game let you do that I think *that* was the bug. Crossings are definitely supposed to be consumables - as well as all the comments upthread, they're on the consumables menu, not the upgrades one (like all the other add-a-slot-permanently ones). Delighted to be proven wrong on this, but I don't think it's going anywhere.

Tuf
Bâtisseur

Postby Tuf » Sun 30 Jun 2019, 09:40

Please reread my first post an Celine answer.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Sun 30 Jun 2019, 10:52

Rufio wrote:Because I'm not sure you need a crossing for the first chr on a server

You need. I have 6 characters on Fauconnia, and 10 on Maliken. If I want a character on another server, I need a Crossing.
The only free character is the first one on an account.
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (134.91 KiB) Viewed 14750 times
---

Nulani
Animateur

Postby Nulani » Sun 30 Jun 2019, 20:37

Tuf wrote:U R mistaken .
After server merge i had 6 chars. Deleted one and created on Agonedus.
It works exactly i described. U can check it if delete char and create one on it's "place" while have no crossings left.
also i was moving chars between accounts about 1.5 year ago and lost about 5-6 char places to create good accounts. so problem rly exist.

I am sure you are wrong and Nobius right.
Like I already said in another place, crossing is a "consumable" and not an "improvement", it gets consumed while creating or moving a character. It is more like fare tax than a slot.
I never deleted 2nd or 3rd character, I moved some thought and never had a "place" left, it was the same 2-3 years ago as it is now.
If crossing was an improvement, you could check in shop how many "character slots" you have and how many more you can buy, just like it is with actions, companions and other improvements.

Tuf
Bâtisseur

Postby Tuf » Mon 01 Jul 2019, 06:07

Please do not say about things you never did before.
I was deleting all chars from accounts and re-created them (char places do exist!) .
I was moving chars between accounts and should buy crossings to create extra ones (char "places" were spent with crossings). And the same came with u.
I know difference and i describing only things that DO exist. I have 76 chars. I know plenty about manipulating with them.

Create 2nd char and delete it. Then u will be able to create extra one without buying crossing.

Nulani
Animateur

Postby Nulani » Mon 01 Jul 2019, 10:07

The question is, should there be a "free place" on an account after moving one character from it? It seems it shouldn't, since crossing is a "consumable" and not an "improvement". So "double crossing spending problem" does not exist, as there is always one crossing used while you move one character - the one you bought on an account where you move to.
If really you get free "place" after deleting a second, 3rd etc. character, it might be a glitch.

Tuf
Bâtisseur

Postby Tuf » Mon 01 Jul 2019, 10:20

The problem is i bought this place twice. Char that moved from non prem account payed 1 time.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Mon 01 Jul 2019, 11:36

You paid for one advantage : playing with +1 character on your account.
You paid for another advantage : playing that character on another account, with more interesting things (shared homes, installations in those homes, etc). In fact, now you pay for a bigger adventage : you need 1 installation for 10 characters and not for 5 !

I know it may seem not fair : now, we can create immediatly 10 characters on an account, and doing this we wont pay to transfer old character from one account to another. But.... We won't stop improvements because some old players may find them not totally fair.

And you can let your characters on their account, it's free ;)

Idea is tranmitted (since a few days), it's not necessary to repeat things again and again ;)
---

Return to “Ideas”