How does balming work

dombili
Traducteur
Realm: Fauconnia

How does balming work

Postby dombili » Wed 06 Jan 2016, 14:41

COPIED FROM "FINGON - WOJTEK" FROM THE OLD FORUMS IN ORDER TO SAVE IT.

Balming works like this:
Balming is calculated from the base (and not the max). So lets say you have a wood T3 with woodcutting range 27-42 (it does not matter how high he is trained). To balm him one point means he will get to the range 28-43.
For such a balming procedure you need:
at least a 28 balm and at least a 27 location (academy, school or barracks)

So if you want to balm this certain companion until the max of his capabilities (that is the range 33-48) you need 6 balms: 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33.
And in order to do this you need to have a teaching building of at least 32 (for the last balm)

I hope that makes it clear a bit.
Besides this now, what building you will make depends on various things. How advanced you are in general. What is 100% certain is that eventually you will need to balm many companions higher than T3s, so you will need a better Teaching building than 32. Excluding the Boar to cover all companions you may need balms up to 53, (higher ones mostly concerning some fighting numbers for Chimera, Rowen or Hiker). So a 52 building will cover them.

You might skip the school and go directly to an academy which will let you build a 52 building easier.

guivou
Mystique
Realm: Alchimideon

Re: How does balming work

Postby guivou » Thu 14 Jan 2016, 17:10

you are not obliged to make balms 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33, you can make 6 33 or more or any combination superior. just be sure to apply balms in the good order the lowest first ...

Yushi
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: How does balming work

Postby Yushi » Fri 15 Jan 2016, 19:35

guivou wrote:you are not obliged to make balms 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33, you can make 6 33 or more or any combination superior. just be sure to apply balms in the good order the lowest first ...

Pretty sure the word you were looking for there is "obligated". Could also be said as "required".

Like they said, though. You don't need to use balms with the exact level requirements. Anything above the minimum will work. Also, remember to use them in lowest to highest order.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Skills”